Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-24-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
Well, I'm here freezing in Minnesota and can't wait to go out on the water as soon as the ice breaks. I am looking at buying a DrySuit soon and I want to get one both me and my buddy can wear. He is 6'4" about 180 and I'm 6' 170. I have not had any experience with drysuits and wondering if a suit that is a size too big will leak. Any brands/styles better than others? Also, I have a heated shower but does someone make a heater that can plug in to the cigarette lighter to keep us somewhat warm between sets.
Thanks
Old    klk            02-24-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
you could fit a large probably a friend of mine rides with a large and he is 6 1'' 160
but just call up who ever you order from and ask height weight ratio sizes for their drysuits
Old    walt            02-24-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
Mark, I'm 6-4 too and large Oneil boost is to small for Me but the XL fits great.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
I'm 5'10" amd 160lbs and a large is fine for me. I think it's better if it's a little bit bigger so you can wear some layers underneath. I just got some drysuit gloves with liners and can't wait to try them out.

Good luck, summer is almost here.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
I know the the bare drysuits have only 2 size seals (at least for the neck) so if you get a large or extra large you'd be getting the same seal. I also second that bigger is better. You can put more layers on..and if your lucky you can wear your vest under the suit and you will not have as many wet (cold) things in the boat.

I've seen on another post on the board recently that you can get an electric blanket that will plug into the cig. lighter. Check out www.overtons.com

I first purchased a O'neil, but the neck seal was too rigid for me..so I sent it back and switched for a Bare as you can trim it to size. But it was fine just the way it is...so I really like the bare ultradry and it was $100 cheaper to boot. The o'neil is really nice though..and check out the barefoot international...they are really heavy duty.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
6'4" takes an XL, 6' takes a L. Mine are $200. They are made in America, have robust seals, and made of 200 Denier for durability.

You want the suit to fit right. If it is too small, you sacrifice coverage and flexibility. Too big, and it flops around too much and makes getting up harder - grabs too much water.

www.boarditup.com
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-24-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
Karl - your site has it for $349.99? Are they on sale?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Different suit. The one on the site is the BI suit. Great suit, just pricey. The $200 suit has the same zipper, glue, reinforcing tape, as the BI suit. The fabric is not as thick and the seals are not doubled. It is similar to many other non-barefoot duty drysuits, just a few diferences:

Mine is made in America.
Mine has a limited life-time warranty on the seams (zipper and seals excluded).
Mine is sized with American sizing, not Asian. For my suits, figure out what conventional size clothing you wear and get the correct size. My manufacturer, Ocean Tec, is a top line manufacturer in FL and is not a discount player. I will have a picture soon, but the suit is basic black to keep the price down.

Ocean Tec makes the BI suit for them to BI specs. If you barefoot, it is the ONLY suit on the market made to take 50 mph falls.

Personally, I wakeboard, wakeskate, wakesurf, kneeboard, waterski slalom, and barefoot. The gear I sell is the gear I use and recommed to my friends. I will not sell junk for any profit margin.

Let me know if you want one. The website will be updated soon with over 200 products for 2004. It takes time for a family business.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-25-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
Karl, is the $200 suit baggy or tight fitting? Also, I was looking just to buy 1 suit, probably an XL. Will I have any huge problems if it is too big?
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-26-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
Im interested in one of your suits, what sizes they come in??? thanks
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
I will have a picture in the next day or so. The suits come in XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL ($20 extra for XXXL). It is baggy, so you wear clothes underneath

If it is just a bit big, it is OK. Do not try to go too big or it is difficult in the water. Shaq wears a XXXL and it fits fine.
Old    wes_the_gimp            02-27-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
Karl my son is 5'8", 128 and Im 5'10", 185, could we share a suit?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-28-2004, 6:26 AM Reply   
A conditional yes. Your son is a perfect Small while you are on the smaller size of a Large. To fit the best for your son, I would suggest a Medium so he has a few years to grow into it. If you buy a large, your son will have a extra fabric. I think you can expect your son to fill out. Best case, buy a Large for you and a Medium for your son. If you can only afford one, a Large would be best. You may need to have some velcro straps to hold the fabric to your son's legs to make it easier to get up.

If you buy two, I cover the shipping.
Old    wes_the_gimp            02-28-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks Karl. Waiting for tax return...
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
I tried to upload pictures and they were too big. I will try to re-size in MS Photo Editor and post later. Anyone interested - email me at rider@boarditup.com and I will return pics via e-mail.