Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    1dega            02-29-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
I ride a Premier 140 DNA.I am thinking of testing these two boards out.I am looking for something like the premier but faster.Anyone riding these boards?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-29-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
I would go with the TFD personally. Im not 100% positive, but i think the temet is Shaun's way of making a board for his riding school. It is a board that anyone can use advanced or beginner. It is a basic board shape that allows easier switch riding. While the TFD is designed for big tricks and ultra fast edging with the side fins. Go with the TFD, much faster and better shape.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       02-29-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Leo,
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old    cmm83            02-29-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
I have an '03 136 TFD (non DNA core). I love it, but don't really have anything to compare it to. Maybe I could be of more help if you had any specific q's?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-29-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
go with the tfd, unless you like a super slow board which is how the temet is
Old    1dega            02-29-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
My goal is to find two boards to test.That would be like the premier w/o fins but faster.I like a bit of a lose feel.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-29-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Mike,

Are you only interested in Hyperlite?? If not check out the O'Brien Demented. Very fast but still pops like crazy.

Later,
jjakober
Old    1dega            02-29-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
J The demented looks good my only question is the rocker seems small.I also have HL bindings I dont know if they will fit.And I like the DNA core.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-29-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Mike,

The Demented has a progressive rocker, not a three stage rocker, I think that helps it to be a faster board. Check this link to get an idea of the style of boards I rode before the Demented and what I thought about it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/84389.html

As far as the bindings go, they will fit just fine.

O'Brien has the Cirrus core for their light weight high performance boards. I like it better then a wood core board because it won't take on water if it gets a ding in it and it's just as light if not lighter than wood.

Check it out if you get the chance. Whatever you pick I'm sure you will like it.

jjakober
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-29-2004, 10:37 PM Reply   
Tim (I agree with you) but if you choose to answer someone like that it would be nice to explain yourself a little. Or else its just an empty statement and makes you sounds kinda dumb.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2004, 5:14 AM Reply   
You got it. My point is that it would make no sense to make a board just for his school. Also, I hear on here all the time that 3 stage rocker boards are faster. That is just not the case. For most people the continuous rocker is the best and has softer landings. People just think the 3 stage are the best because they get "bigger" pop. It has much more to do with proper technique than the type of board. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-01-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
that's crazy to think that he designed the board for his camp- the board design was done way before the thought of a camp..........
it is a great board- if you like the way a belmont rides then you will be comfortable on a temet- the pop is less abrupt than a premier- that's cause it has a continuous rocker- it is a fairly fast board too-
one more thought...... if he made a board that he can go that big on and a beginner can ride then is that a bad thing????? I think that says a lot when it can be used by such a broad range of riders-
Old    1dega            03-01-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
is anyone riding the TFD DNA?and how does it feel on the water.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-02-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
I switched from the Premier to the TFD DNA for exactly the reasons stated above by Tim. Its faster, more predictable and softer landings. Change the stock fins down to .7's to make it nice and loose. The TFD board forced me to work on technique to get similar vertical pop as the premier but with much more consistent results. Once time allows more than twice a month riding, I will try the Premier again and see if my technical improvements cross over to the 3 stage board.