Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    lurius            03-01-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hey there, ive been shopping around and looking at prices, but before I make any final decisions I figured that I would ask people who know what their talking about(you being those people).

Ok, well We have a boat, and this summer ill be 18, so I figured why not take advantage of the freedom ill have this summer and use the boat more often(since I have a truck now it will be a lot easier). Well I wanna give wakeboarding a try, looks fun, I like getting wet, and I live about 3 miles from the lake. Im having one problem though, which board should I get as my first? I dotn have a problem buying used so if you learned on a board thats like 2001-2003 and think it was awesome, mention it, i'd actualy rather buy a used one lol, cheaper for me(college student this fall)! Also can you mention what you think I could expect to pay for the boards you mention, so I dont get ripped off. =)

Well thanks for your suggestions and help,
Lurius
Old    grampawakerider            03-01-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
OK Lurius-
For starters we would need to know your height and weight. Second, the type of boat you will be riding behind...(i/o, inboard, outboard..etc.) Make and model too. The wake shapes are different.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
You'll want a board that is not too aggressive. Something with a round tip and tail(vs squared off) You'll also want to make sure that it has a clean bottom. No molded in fin junk. If you want to pick up a good board for cheap, I can get you a good price on one of our last years camp demo boards. Just go to the site, www.westcoastcamps.com and contact us with a title "looking for demo board"

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
www.thewakeboardcamp.com
Old    lurius            03-01-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Mark, Im about 180, will be as low as 160 by summer. 5' 10", The boats an outboard, 90 hp, we bought it a few years back, dont know a whole lot.. its a fish/ski combo kinda boat. about 17 foot long, 6 to 8(i think) foot wide at rear..

Thanks for the offer Mike, I dont know when i'll be able to have the cash together but whenever I do I'll be sure to send an email about them(if you still have them by then).

Thanks,}
Lurius