Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-02-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
O.K.,

So my buddy just bought a new MB B-52 V23. The boat was sold to him as a 2006 model. All of his finance paperwork reads 2006. Today his insurance company called and told him that they misquoted him his price, that the boat was actually a 2005 model. A check of the hull number verifies that the boat is a 2005 model.

On top of that the boat died today on the lake. The thing is 3 days old and just died. We could not get the boat restarted and had to tow it to the dock and put it back on the trailer.

Now the fun really begins. Upon purchasing the boat, the dealer did not do a demo. They said that they only had one person working that day and was unable to demo the boat. They originally were suppose to deliver the boat about 200 miles to his house but backed out at the last minute, which caused us to go get it. When we arrived the dealer did not have the boat ready. The boat didn't have a prop, swim platform, and the batteries were dead. After all the headache we finally got to pick up the boat. As were about to tow it away, I realized there was no plug. The dealer misplaced it and had to take one off another boat. We finally pulled out and made it about ten to fifteen miles when I asked my buddy about registration for the trailer and boat....oops, they forgot to put temp plates on both.

Other problems include the pp and speedos don't match. They are about ten miles an hour apart. There is a small dent in the rubrail on the front and the ballast pumps are really slow.

Now my buddy has to tow this pig back 200 miles to get it fixed and it is only 3 days old. He hasn't even gotten a chance to ride behind it. I told him that he needs to take that thing up there and leave it. Call his finance company and cancel payment and they can have it back. For god sake, the boat isn't even the same year boat as what he was supposed to get!

What do you guys think? Should he try to return the boat?