Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Plain and simple. I cannot go through another MN winter. Not sure if its at all possible but would anyone who lives there be willing to send me a paper with the classifieds in it so i could look at available positions??? Im not tryin to go pro here just want to get away while i am still young and do as much wakeboarding while i still can :-) Thanks for any help. Id be willing to pay postage and stuff for a paper.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
They do have this magical thing called The Internet, its even on computers now!!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2008, 4:37 AM Reply   
monster.com
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
craigslist.org is also another one that is pretty good.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Unless you roll down with a boat, I will almost guarantee you you will get less riding in, in the first 4-5 months at least, than you are currently where you are. And OWC gets expensive. Just my opinion.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
how will he get less riding in FL, then MN in the winter. The lakes freeze over in MN, they do not in FL.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
The availability of getting a pull. Or the lack there of.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-24-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Missouri is wakeboarding's heartland. Our season goes from April to October, cable park right across the border in KS, multiple great Lakes and down home values, like America use to have. Missouri: no saltwater, no alligators, and we like it that way.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Contact Rockwell Time, I think they are looking for sales reps/riders, maybe you could handle FL.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-24-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
I agree with A-dub. If I was in Orlando at least I would have options to pay for pulls. I'm in St. Pete and started with paying for pulls in Orlando, but that was like a 2 hour trip at night. During the winter I can hook up with people in Winter Haven, but even that is a really long drive. The closest place for pulls was McCormicks, which was a joke. Ski boat in 4-5 feet of water. I probably rode more in one season in Milwaukee than almost the entire time I have lived in St. Pete, FL for the last 3 years. There are a number of people who ride on weekends, but the everyday riding that I was used to has definitely been hard to find. I know at least one guy now that is on a canal who rides fairly often. I also just bought a boat, so things will change for me. If you end up in this area, hit me up Jesse.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
And OWC gets expensive.

Just pony up $1K and you can ride your brains out all year long.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I lived in Winter Haven for a winter and everyone there had boats and were super nice...

we did have a boat too so maybe thats why others were quick to offer pulls since we could give them too...

there was a house on a lake in winter have - 100k
not bad if you ask me....sure there are gators but riding 365 - hurricane time = AMAZING
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-24-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hey nick, where was that house at? Was that where you were keeping the boat? Meg and I are looking to get into a house pretty soon here, looking for a 3 bedroom for a studio. You should see the apartment now, we've already outgrown it! A good problem to have I guess, but let me know if you know anyone renting cheap houses or selling cheap houses. Miss ya man...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
You too! I need to call you back, maybe today if I get some time....

it was on Lake Howard... like 1 mile from where we lived...but it was across the railroad tracks (thats a good thing).... it wasn't glorious but for 100k hard to beat it...except I don't see it for sale anymore -- If you want I can get you Billy's number, he will know whats around for sale, he is the king of winter haven.

talk to you soon! I'm hoping to get down there again over thanksgiving or something, i'll let you know

Sorry for hijack
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-25-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
Nick is right, Winter Haven definitely has some friendly people.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2008, 12:28 AM Reply   
skubz love you profile about lake tarpon. so true i will be out early this weekend for sure. went a couple of weeks ago on a sunday go there at 8ish and had a good 3.5 hrs with great water and VERY little traffic. after that it started to get a little busy but still got lots of riding in.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Disney is having an audition for characters. All theme parks want food service or sanitation.
There are always positions in the hospitals for food service, OR orderlies/extenders, house keeping and transportation.

There are jobs out there, beggars just can't be choosers

(Message edited by phantom5815 on July 26, 2008)
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-26-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
The theme parks are always hiring