Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    nik_the_new_guy            10-08-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
im moving to Flagstaff, Az and dont know where im going to able to ride at. whats around there?
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-08-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
I don't know of any near flagstaff but outside of phoenix there are a few places and after looking at a map it looks like your only a couple hours from powell. My suggestion is go to an arizona website to find out for sure. They also have their own wakeboard association(AWA) and they should know. I think there is a link to the AWA here on wakeworld but don't quote me Im new here.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-08-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
I've heard that some people have ridden lake mary or mormon lake, whichever one isn't dried up.
Old    aram            10-08-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Nik, I live in Phoenix. The great thing about AZ is somewhere in the state, pretty much year round, there is somewhere to wakeboard. Flag is a bit different than the valley because you'll be about 5000 feet higher in elevation which means it's COOOOOLD. Luckily, you're close enough to Phoenix and outlying areas to take advantage. Plus, you'll only be two hours from Powell. Page is about two hours north and that's the Wahweap Marina, or you can go to Bullfrog which is about four hours north and much less congested. Phoenix is two hours south and you can take your pick from Bartlett, Pleasant, Saguaro or even Roosevelt. The great thing about those four lakes is they will be warm enough to ride without a wetsuit until probably mid-December, and then start back up in March. (That is unless you're hardcore and don't mind freezing - then it's still better than most places in America during the winter.) But Lake Pleasant is your best bet. Straight down I-17 from Flagstaff, west on Carefree Highway and you can't miss it.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2004, 2:09 AM Reply   
lake Mary in Flagstaff is one of the sickest lakes in Arizona that you can ride. In the middle of the summer we rode there on a saturday and we were the only boat on the lake all day. It is alot colder than in the valley.
Check out this video shot at about 4:00pm on lake Mary
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=4466&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
Click on Joey White to see the video
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 9:19 PM Reply   
Nick,
send me an email with your phone number. I've got a customer who's a good friend always looking for a 3rd. I guess that Lake Mary is awsome with no traffic, they'll ride even if their spotter is a golden retriever about 90% of the time.

an@surfsideboats.com">Dan@surfsideboats.com