Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-24-2004, 11:14 PM Reply   
Found a great deal on a 21V tige, anyone heard good or bad about the 01 years. Fully loaded with under 100hrs, either this boat or spend $6k more for a V210? any comments would be great. Thanks guys
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2004, 12:13 AM Reply   
You might want to head over to http://www.tigeowners.com/ and ask about the 01 21V, I think that hull had a few problems with washy and small wake which was greatly improved when they brought out the 03 series.

Can't go wrong with a V210 IMO
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-25-2004, 1:03 AM Reply   
I've got an '01 21V Limited and love it. It's a nice wide boat with tons of storage. Good solid ride in chop. Handles great, tracks great, even when you load it down. And the wake? I don't have any problems with it. It is definately not small, even unweighted. If you throw a lot of weight in the rear storage, the wake will wash bad. You just have to balance it out; the more weight in the front, the better. But, don't take my word on the quality of wakes. I have never ridden behind a boat with a wake I didn't like, and no wake in the world will make me a better rider. In my opinion, you can't get a better wakesurfing wake. The only complaint I have about the boat is the tower. I like the looks of the Metcraft, but it is a creaky one, and not very solid in my opinion. Overall, it is a nice solid boat with a comfortable feel. I would definately make sure you drive/ride behind them both before you make your decision. What is the purchase price of the Tige if you don't mind me asking?
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
I've got a 2001 21 V and I love it. As long as you weight it properly (move a few people to the front or store some weight up front) you won't have any problems with the wake. If you want a boat that you can party on with a bunch of people and wakeboard at the same time your on the right track
Old    rocktonic13            03-25-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
i got a 99.... sick boat.... not HUGE wake, but damn nice size and shape even unweighted.... if weighted properly it does kickout a big wake
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
its either an 01 21v tige with 100hrs for under 30k, or for around 36k i can get a Sanger v210. both boats have great wakes, just wondering which was the best deal? thanks guys keep em coming
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
I really like the V210 sanger, but saving $6-7k and getting an older Tige 21V is nice to have in the back pocket. Just throwin out ideas, bring yours appreciated.
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Todd,
I was in your same shoes lst summer. I sold my old boat and was looking at picking up a boat dedicated for wakeboarding and some skiing. I had it narrowed down to the Supra SS but could not get the pice I wanted on an new or old model. That was when I stumbled across a 2001 Tige' 21V Limited. Since I had riden behind a }friends 1999 21V I felt comfortable in buying this one. The boat had 35hrs on it and I picked up with trailer for 28k. Much better then the 33-35k I would have shelled out for a Supra SS.

The Tige' 21v has a great wake. I Take 4-5 people out with me every time and the wake is great. Lots of low end power for that hole shot, the TAPS system is nice to refine a wake for some beginners and for my friends that ski I just pull the plate up all the way. I board and party on Lake Norman(Big Lake and sometimes big waves) The 21v does great in these situations You don't get the boat bottoming out when cut through a wake.

But I you want a great boat to tear it up on and party this is it lots of room and the tech support at the company is great. I emailed the a question about adding a second batter and they got back to by the end of the bussiness day.
Great boat hope you enjoy it if you get it.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
Whats the beam on the 01 21V tige?
i know the sanger is around 90 for the V210. tough decisions
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-25-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
21'2" with a 100" beam. I think the dry weight is around 3500lbs. A big, heavy boat with tons of room...
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-26-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
I have a 21V 2002 with same hull as 2001. Enjoy the wake a great deal. My tower is very solid, not creaky at all like my friend's Centurion was. I think my tower is a little different than the tower on the 2001 from the pics I've seen. I find it to be a great boat. I think you should consider the interior room you need as well as the height of the gunnels if you have little ones. The Tige is bigger all the way around. It feels good to save a few grand...but new boats also have a special excitement...You need to test drive.