Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-20-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yesterday I was out riding my friend's new set up, my fourth trick in i come down and landed with my knee locked straight. Now I'm laid up for for a while, but I have never had that problem before especially when it is a trick that I can do consistently. It could just be the wake was big and I was over rotating and straightened my leg to try and touch the water sooner. Or it could be that the stance width was 26 inches, and I usually ride at about 23-24 inches.

But another possible problem is how wakeboard boots are manufactured, I usually ride the Slingshot D2's. On the D2's the heel is raised so that you'll land with the weight on your toes (causing bent knees to keep weight centered). What I'm wondering is if the new boots put my heel too low so that my legs could be locked with my weight still centered for the landing.

Anyway, it could be a combination of all 3 factors, but if the boots are any part of the reason, that really bothers me that the engineers cannot come up with a more intelligent design. A smart engineer would base a design off a type of footwear that requires absorption for impact such as running shoes, ski boots, etc. but I feel like most wakeboard boots are designed off of walking shoes.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2011, 4:53 AM Reply   
Yes, you were going big! I've done it to my knee twice in the past two years, and both times I feel it was because I was preparing for the landing too early. I was doing Front Flips and just was straightening my legs out a split second too early and then the water wasn't there quite when I expected it.

Hopefully you heel up soon man!