Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Can you actually get a perfect wave using this piece of equipment? Without any ballast. And does anyone dislike their switchblade?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
NO
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
I'd like to surf an Enzo with a blade some time. I believe you still be ballast to list the boat to the surf side.

We used a SB on an 06 AVY at the 2008 Ohio Championships. We set this boat up for the starboard-goofy wake.

I have read that a SB on the goofy side kicks water in the surfers face. That was not our experience, the wake looked very good. IMO the port wake on the other boat without a SB was still better. I don't know what the port wake is like with the SB.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
Ive heard inland surfer orders there centurions without switchblades. We dont have the switchblade on our centurion and get a really nice wave. The trim tab helps make it longer.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
how much adjustment do you make on the trim tab? mine only has one about 11 in. wide
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
I don't have a trim tab on my Enzo. I think it would help the goofy wake. Wish I had one. The Enzo 240 that we used for the Indiana Wakesurf Championship had a trim tab. When set down the goofy wake cleaned up.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-12-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
I have the blade and was there with Bigshow and saw that on the Goofy side, the blade cleaned it up for a smooth face. The port side was a better wave with or without the blade as it had a longer pocket.
I just ran my boat without the blade and had pretty much the same wave on the Port side as with the blade. I would say the blade will add about 4" to the wave height and help you adjust the length of the pocket and wave height on the fly without moving around bags.
If it didn't come already on your boat, I wouldn't fork out the money for one.

For wakeboarding it acts like an extra 600lbs of ballast that you can add/remove on the fly. Also will balance out the boat if slightly weighted to a side. Without the blade I had to ask someone to sit on the other side of the boat (can't have that...ha). I love my blade but a bit expensive to add later.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Consensus from the blade owners I have talked to is "not worth the money".. some have also mentioned additional hassels trailering their boats with one equipped, not to mention just one more system to fail.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
we usually do about 25%. Just makes the wave alittle longer. Minor but does make a difference. With surfing with only stock ballast we dont use it. Its when we had close to 1000 or so extra
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Thats some good info thanks to all, I prob. wont buy one,my avalanche puts out a pretty clean port side wake, and I ride back side on it. I would like to make a good dark side wake with this boat, does anyone know if its possible without the new rev. prop or what ever its called? I'm not sure, but I have heard you need this to have clean wave on the goofy side.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
Idealy yes. Without a reverse prop option you going to have a better surfwake on the port side. However I know people have messed around with weight to get a decent starboard wake.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I have the blade on mine and am currently in my 3rd season with it.

You can't take mine away from me! I love it. My friend just bought an Enzo 230 just like mine only without it. I like my wave better. Next weekend we will have the boats together on the same lake. Both have the enzo sac so we will get a fair comparison head to head.

It does not replace ballast. We run the same amount of ballst in my boat for surfing with or with out it.

For wakeboarding the thing rocks! I use it without much ballst for that. You can not duplicate the wake it makes with weight alone. It puts a shape on the wake that is just perfect.

The only draw back that I have seen is the slow speed handling which is not bad at all. With a little getting used to it drives just like a normal boat.

As far as the goofy wake goes, it is not as good as the port side but it is not bad. Yes there is some prop spray but if you are riding close enough to the back of an Enzo to get spray in your face you should quit riding! The good stuff is 10-15ft behind you!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
right on, so what I am hearing across the board is that it does not replace ballast. That is mainley what I was trying to find out. I guess I will just keep fillin sac's