Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Ive been looking around for a good non-CGA wakevest and need some help. I really like the looks of the Helium life vests as they have a lot of good designs. I am very thin(6'2" and 130lbs.) and need something that will fit and i want it to still keep my head above water in case i ever knock myself out. Any suggestions? Im open to all brands I just like the looks of a lot of the helium vests.
Old    benj_t            06-25-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
www.jetpilot.com
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Helium non-CGA's don't float.

+1 above... the new Baller is non-CGA and actually floats. The only knock is the buckle strap will eventually work its way down the flotation and become annoying. Good vest though.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
I'm always amazed posts start out with "I'm looking for a good non-CGA that floats me..." Why not start out looking for a good CGA first? Kind of like saying, "Looking for a comfortable car that has brakes that work most of the time"

Is there some wakeboard counter-culter out there that you not bad A enough if you wear a CGA???
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I don't know... define "counter-culter" and I'll tell you ;) LOL
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-25-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
at 130lbs I think you can find a non-cga vest that will float you a bit but if you are really afraid of getting knocked out then buy a real cga vest. I am done with non-cga, I would rather use the energy that I lose trying to stay a float with a non-cga to ride longer!
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
i am guessing that you are pretty long waisted and helium vests are longer than most others. jetpilot and most others might look like a halter top on you.

(Message edited by owenitall on June 25, 2009)