Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Its not the size of the wake, its the talent of the rider....

Not only is this something to tell the girlfriend, but after watching some old wake videos yesterday, I feel like a sally. I find myself whining way to much about wake size and how we NEED that extra fat sac or 8. Back in the beginning of it all, tricks were being learned and invented behind direct drive ski boats with no tower or extended pylon. To top it off the equipment back then wasn't any where near what im riding on today.

So there it is, I said it......Im a Sally. Now it better warm up out here in IL so I can go ride, big wake or not.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
I'm a Sally too. It's okay.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
lol ill complain the wake isnt big enough, then ill ride a friends boat with a bigger wake and be scared lol
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-13-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
True, it's mostly about technique...but you can make up for bad technique with a huge wake. If wake size didn't matter then everyone that can do a backroll should be able to do an air roll. I'd be willing to bet that 90%+ of people that can do backrolls can not do air rolls...myself included.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ill complain more about shape than size, but yea, Ill join the Sally club as well.

Ed?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-13-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Not to sound out of the loop or old...but ummmm whats a Sally?
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
a nappy headed "__", J/K.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
A sally is like callin somebody a P*ssy.

Can I say that Dave?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
or a bitch, i think either is applicable. back then it was a lot more about rider technique than the boat you were behind. i don't bitch about the wake too much, but i know what you mean. with the wakes we're hitting today, we all should be throwin down. so i guess i'm a sally.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Its nice to know that im not alone in my sallyness.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-13-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
I just rode behind a ski nautique without ballast last weekend. Good technique is key, but a big wake really helps everything to be bigger and smoother, especially spins.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
MATT! Whudup?!
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I thought you where gonna say its "its not the size of the wake but .... the motion in the ocean"

lol
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-13-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
and that's why I continue to leave my favorite quote in my profile....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
I hear this argument a lot, "you don't need a wake that big, pro's can do there stuff of a ripple" Uh, ok. News flash, I am not pro and need all the help I can get. For me bigger wake = more fun. SLAM IT.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
Yah, well back in the day you didnt see Nuke glides, nice long grabbed off spins, double grabbed 5's etc. I am pretty sure Randy just about invented the whole "gigantic amount of weight and long rope". I agree that if you "just want to stick the trick" the wake may not be as huge an issue, but a double grabbed 5 might be near impossible on a small wake, IMHO.

Plus they are just more fun, and thats what its all about right? Sally here I guess