Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Liquidshano            09-13-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
What a great problem to have...

I have my boat search down to 3 boats.

1. 2011 Tige RZR, surfballast, touch screen, wetsounds tower of power, alpha z tower, choose my colours, the dealership has 2 branches where we boat a lot.

2. 2010 Ski Supreme 226 surf edition. Just waiting on a spec sheet and the numbers for my trade in but it will be pretty close. Also loaded up except tower speakers Great dealership.

3. 2011 MB Sports F-21, I can also order this one the colors i want. Loaded up pretty nice, everything except tower speakers.

So with all the extras I get with the Tige (alpha z tower and tower speakers, tower lights, transom lights) they are pretty much the same price. I currently own a Tige and I think thats why I am getting a great trade in price.

This one should open up a can of worms...what do you think guys. Right now I am leaning toward the Tige, just a damn sweet boat. But only a 20'...and hasn't been reviewed by wakeboard mag or anyone else yet. My (boat) dealer is so confident in the RZR he said I could wait till the first one arrives. If I like it I can order mine and see how it performs in the spring and if its no good, they will sell it to someone else.

I know there are a lot of Malibu lovers on the forum and I love em too, I have rode behind a VTX and it was great! I have been hunting and I just cant seem to make one work with the position I am in. Basically if its got a big damn wave its a great boat as far as i am concerned. I really like the picklefork and I think I will keep this boat for awhile so I am going to get one. I have rode behind most boats, I don't really have anything bad to say about any of them...just these 3 made the cut.

Here is a link for the new RZR, I haven't seen these pics out yet but anyway many of you may have already seen them...

http://www.hyperactivewatersports.co...-introduction/

Here is the V226
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
looks like you wanna be surfing, any reason why you wouldnt go with a bigger boat? like the rz4??

i vote the RZR, its so sick!!!
Old    Liquidshano            09-13-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yes they are sweet, too big, too expensive. I am on and off the trailer LOTS, we travel all over to go riding as well, fits in my gargage, the RZ4 is100K...I can buy a new RZR for the same price as an 08 RZ4.

And yeah, we surf a lot. Still ride as much as I can but most of the time is surfing.
Old    mojo            09-13-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
i'd go with the tige, especially if you have a relationship w/ the dealer already.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       09-13-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidshano View Post
....And yeah, we surf a lot. Still ride as much as I can but most of the time is surfing.
I've been all over that V226 at Tru North. It probably isn't as nice as the RZR but I'm pretty sure that it will out surf it due to size and hull. ( I don't know anything about the F-21)

Any of those boats you mentioned would be a sweet ride....good luck.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
i own a tige but i'm not familar with the rzr as it's new and i haven't seen one in person. i know ragboy on the wakesurfers link has a rz2 that he likes for surfing. i mostly wakeboard. the wakesurfers link is where you will find the people most familar with these boats you have listed.good luck
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-13-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
Shane, you've got to drive them. There wil be a huge difference when you are in the V226 compared to the RZR. The interior size, The exterior size to store. But especially the difference between the deep V on the 226 compared to the Convex V hull on the Tige.
One or the other will be a choice, but it won't be a comparison.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-14-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
I would probably go with the Tige since it seems to have the most options and you already have a good relationship with the dealer. Plus the new Tiges look amazing!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-14-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yes I am bias, I have surfed many Centurions, Bu's, etc. the wake9 camp loves their RZ2, take it from me and others, the easiest best out of the box surf wake is the V226, no screens or bling, just a great roomy layout with an awesome surf wake. The smart tow system is hard to beat also, I thought it was going to be hoaky but the auto launch is awesome!
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I just got an F-21 and I absolutely love it. It has a very smart design and it won't have the touch screen but it does have a ballast system that fills up in two minutes which I believe to be crucial. It's great to be able to switch surfing ballast setup up in less than 3 min.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-14-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Shane, Art is right, you've got to drive them. Just as soon as the boat below is finished, it will be shipped "up north" for you to drive first.
Attached Images

Last edited by justridin; 09-14-2010 at 8:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2010, 4:37 AM Reply   
drew and e you remind me of the guy who drives the kia . it's great it corners good and gets great gas mileage,who needs gps,moon roof ,cruise control,pdl,pw and auto dimming headlights. they are called convenience features some people want them and some don't. oh yea i can fill this thing up in 5 minutes it will take you 10 minutes to fill that.those are decisions for the buyer to make. if you were paying the same thing would you want less features? maybe you would. we aren't making the decision.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
I would go for the SUPREME... and I even own a Tige and love Tiges but that 226 is the bomb! I know nothing about the f21 so I can't even put it in the equation
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       09-15-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
drew and e you remind me of the guy who drives the kia . it's great it corners good and gets great gas mileage,who needs gps,moon roof ,cruise control,pdl,pw and auto dimming headlights. they are called convenience features some people want them and some don't. oh yea i can fill this thing up in 5 minutes it will take you 10 minutes to fill that.those are decisions for the buyer to make. if you were paying the same thing would you want less features? maybe you would. we aren't making the decision.

You are completely off base. E said that it doesnt have a touchscreen dash but it does have pure vert ballast. Its a give and take.

He is giving the pros and cons to a guy who asked for peoples input.

Personally, I would take pure vert ballast over a touch screen dash any day of the week. There are all kinds of other options that each of these boats do and dont have between each other, and it just depends on what style you want.

They gave their input, on options, and they were valid points. Way to try and knock people for giving their .02 though
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
What dealer is that above that has MB and Supreme?
Old    Liquidshano            09-15-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
two different dealers. Trunorth has the supreme and Gilligans has the F-21. I appreciate all the input guys. Still talking to guys and doing some research. Just trying to find the best surfwave, with the most options for the best price, like we all do...
Old    aacadiacom            09-18-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Hey this is Nick from Aacadia.com. If you give me your contact info I should be able to have Mike Ennen call you and he can tell you everything you need to know about the MB F21. Most times the MB gets over looked because not to many people know much about them, but every time I get out in Mikey's I'm impressed to say the least!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
sean i wasn't knocking someones 2 cents just making an observation of the text i read just like you did. we don't know each other just have text to go by. i made an observation that two people thought it was better to have one option than another or a less technical option than a newer technology. no one is right or wrong. but you evidently thought my 2 cents was worthless.thats okay everyone has different opinions and i respect yours. sorry mine didn't measure up to your standards.i would surely think the fact that the tige is a 2011 versus a 2010 centurion and a 2011 mb makes it a unlevel playing field already.the OP is comparing different year boats. all of which are great boats. but it is ultimately his decision not ours.i'm sorry if my observation ruffled any feathers.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-18-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
Of those three, get the MB, but if you really want a nice boat in the same price range, look at AXIS. The A20 is by all reports an awesome boat for a twenty footer and the A22 is a proven performer with one of the best wakes in the industry. Two of your top riders are the pro team for AXIS. There is a reason they are on AXIS. They go huge and AXIS provides the wake they need. Also, you won't find a better dealer than Boat Country in Escalon. A bit of a drive for you, but well worth it. They are superb!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
peter the OP wants the boat for wakesurfing. sorry about my error in above post i meant 2010 ski supreme. i had tv on and wife talking to me and lost my train of thought.i'm sure you are refering to randall harris and keith lyman they are top wakeboarders.but OP is in to surfing.