Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Does the 05 Parks (140) have middle fins on it? It doesnt look like it does in the pictures. I am thinking about getting one but i am use to riding boards with middle fins.

How does this board ride compared with a board with fins in the middle?

Any comments on this board would be great.

(Message edited by wakesetter101 on May 05, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
No it does not, it only uses the two outside fins. Outer fin boards ride different, they don't initiate turns as easy but once on edg eget a lot of drive up and through the wake. Parks boards are well known for being very abrupt. They have a large aggressive 3 stage rocker with a long flat spot, which means all that rocker is crammed into a smaller space thus making the pop off the wake super aggressive. Not the smoothest board in the world. If you look at most modern pro shapes they are either dual fin boards (like the Parks) or have a center fin and outside molded fins (most pros ride sans center fin and rely on their molded fins).

Which board do you ride now and what is your skill level? The Parks can be very unforgiving on beginners, not because of the fins but just the aggressive rocker profile mentioned above. Good luck, give more info!
Old    lakebumrc            05-06-2006, 2:30 AM Reply   
I ride the 05 parks and compared to middle fin boards i definatly prefer the parks. when on edge it really flys across the lake. and like stephan said above, it will buck you off the wake, a little rough on a beginner but once you're used to it, nothing else compares. some people dont like this board because it makes it tough to get on a butterslide, a middle fin on a board like this would grip way too hard, thank god they didnt do that. but if you want to fly, its a good pickup
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2006, 3:43 AM Reply   
I thought it tracked too well and didn't release for spins like my old Balance so I traded it.