Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old    oldman1025            10-29-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
i live in CT and was thinking about taking a trip w/ my boys next summer. want to find a lake somewhere warm where we can rent a wake boat for a few days. would like it to be a spot that doesn't see much traffic and holds butter for a long time. anyone know of any such places?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
except for the traffic thing i would say Lake Powell... actually i take that back... it is possible to find butter on Powell even on the holidays, but you might have it only in the morning and/or up some side canyon. If you do however choose Powell, i would say avoid holidays if possible. Also i would avoid July-August if possible too, this is the "monsoon season" which will have random storms that will kick up within 1 hour and sink boats every year. Now don't let me scare you with this tid-bit, just given ya the details and fare warnings. (mostly those who think, "ohh it is just a lake... not like it is the sea" will have issues. If there is a storm, don't try to beat it, just stay put, preferably on beach sheltered from the wind) they usually end quickly, but they are fierce

Ask anyone, or any wake magazine, Powell is one of those lakes that MUST be put on your "Must see before i die lists." If powell isnt an option next year and you have never been, plan it for next next year!

Ohh, and if you do go, reserve your boat EARLY, Powell is very popular, and rentals can get limited real quick.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-29-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have not seen a place that rents competition wake boats. There are a few places that rent i/o's and lots that rent houseboats, pontoon boats and seadoos.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
There are a few companies that now rent really nice inboards at Powell. There is even a guy on this site that has one of those companies.