Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-17-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Anyone ever ridden on the new 2004 Yamaha GP1300 or Sea Doo XP DI's? I just want to know the difference between the two and which one you like better. The sea doo rxp or the wakeboard edition are out of the question cause of price. Not looking to use for wakeboarding just for cruising around while im not out boarding

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-17-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
i would get the yamaha simply because of quality, i have never ridden either of those ski's but i do have an older (97) yamaha jet ski and have had zero problems with it and it has been ridden like hell, my friends sea-doo on the other hand is a piece of junk. i would go yamaha
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-17-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
I have an '03 GP1300R and I love it. A little slow out of the hole but top speed is awesome, as well as handling and stability. Don't get the XP if you ever want to ride 2 up. They are not very stable at all and are tough to get back on if you fall off, especially for big guys.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
Thanks I'm probably leaning towards a GP1300. The seat looks a lot bigger. What about the GP800?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-18-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
The 800 is a good boat as well just not as fast.
Old    tjgramlich            05-20-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
ive never ridden the direct injection version but the xp is a lot of fun, and will outhandle the yamaha anyday around a course, but like detonate69 said the top speed on the yamaha is killer. there is also more upgrades for the yamaha, because there aren't many upgrades you can do the the direct injection skis.