Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
So, I would like to have two amps set up in my new boat. I would like a 4 channel for the main 4 speakers and a 2 channel for the 2 tower speakers. I have the factory stereo, which is pretty good (Clarion). How can you set this up so that I can select the main 4 speakers only and then when wakeboarding, switch it to the 2 channel amp for the tower speakers?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-24-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
a few different ways, but one is you could run the remote turn on to eaach amp thru switches that you could turn off/on independently. if you have two sets of RCA outputs on the deck you could use you your front/rear fader to control
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-24-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Dont ask Grant or Clayton-- They know nothing about stereos'!!!!!!!!!

Clayton what do you think the turn around time is on getting those Dash pieces turned into the carbon ones .

I am picking up the boat tomorrow. I will send them up but I kind of need to know how long I will be Boatless!!!!
Thanks and tell grant to put some more LED's in his boat . It is looking a little Plain!!!!!
Old    basemechanic            02-25-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
you can use the fader on the daeck
front for the boat
bear for the tower
the switch idea is all so a good one
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-25-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have that set up in my boat. 1500w to tower and 600w in boat. Take the power wire from the head unit to the amp and "y" it to each amp. But before each amp install a simple toggel switch. Simple amp on or off,
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Get a EQ and use the front output on the EQ for the tower and the rear output for the hull. The EQ will have a fader thats easy to adjust on the fly to blend the sound the way you like
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-25-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Grant described the way I now have it, and I like it.

Other options,
1. use the deck to fade between the two but that will drive you nuts constantly accessing that function.
2. Use a PAC-LC1 on the tower, similar to Adam's suggestion with the switch on the turn on lead but it also allows you to adjust the tower level.
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
Ok, so will both amps always be drawing power from the battery?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
No. The first amp will draw its power from the sun (solar power)so be sure to mount it where the sun will always be shineing on it other wise it will cut out. I say mount it on the top of the tower. The second amp will get its power from the "Flux Capasator". Look at the owners manual if you not sure.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-25-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Grant that was funny ! Mean but funny just the same.
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-25-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
The EQ is the way to go. I don't know why people would choose a PAC-LC1 when with the EQ you can fade between the tower and the boat,have a separate sub volume control and an additional master volume. plus the added bonus of frequency adjust.all that for well under $200, if you want.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
bigD "you said it"

I keep telling people about EQ's line drivers ect but in one ear and out the other.
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
ummm...When I said they will be pulling for the battery, I meant that when the first amp was being used, is the other amp still "pulling current" from the battery as well.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-25-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
huh, kind of jerky
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Why not grab the Remote Amp turn on wire out of the head unit, and instead of running it directly to the amp, run it through a toggle switch. That way when the ignition key is off, the amps are off. Then when the deck is on and the toggle switch is off, only the interior speakers are on.

It's a small (less than 18 gage wire) and the switch could be any 12v automotive switch. For $4.99 you can acomplish this.
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-26-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
Thanks Craig, that is what I will do.