Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       05-23-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Who makes better boards? Boots? Riders? Looking @ a 09 B-side and a 09 Ronix One...which way shall i go? I understand there two totally different boards
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-23-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
I think that 09 ronix makes the best boots out there. I ride the 09 Cells and it's the best boot I have ever ridden hands down.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden the B-Side, but I do own the 09 One set up. It is very fast, im not the best rider out there and I was close to feeling out of control at full speed. It is very grippy, so it was hard to break loose, but great for sketchy landings. The pop is very straight up, and I was having a bit of trouble bringing it out to the flats, but it added easily a foot to my height. The boots are very comfy although I had a minor cramping problem due to overtightening. I will probably never see the full potential of this set up, it is without a doubt the best set up ive owned.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
I would go with the 09 Ronix stuff if those were my only two options.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-23-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
It is all a matter of personal opinion. It is like arguing between coke and pepsi. Try to demo both
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       05-23-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
there isnt a place to demo around MN i think
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Midwest MC might do Demo's
Old    sealyon.net            05-24-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I agree with Tom , Their boots are awesome hands down.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Nine posts, and not one mentions Hyperlite product.

I think you have your answer
Old    joshj095            05-26-2009, 4:41 AM Reply   
nah....hyps back in the mix this year. Their boots kinda went to hell on 06-08, but with a new design crew you definatly need to check their boots. espically murrays new ones. So sick. And as for the b-side, best board ive ever been on. So, so so responsive. Wide tip and tail for massive pop, and super good on rails. I cant see how anyone out there can have a dedication to one company. every team out there has a world champ and or a kow champ. Its about personal preference. LF, HYPRLT, CWB, RONIX all have the same basic compression molding, but they all have their own gimick.( LF-fly series, hpy-dine series, CWB-plat series, RONIX - darkcore) so find a board that fits your style and that you like. when you compare the ONE and the B-Side, your at 2 different ends on the spectrum. I would suggest you demo the hell out of both of these and then decide.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Thanks Josh! Yeah its true, we went through a transition time and now we are a new company with some great products coming out. Not only do we have some great products, but we have a a strong group of riders who end up on almost every podium, our customer service and warranty dept are the greatest(OK, I am lil' biased) and we are only getting stronger. Go out and demo all the product, make a decision based your experiences. We are not the same company we have been in the past!