Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    lucky            08-06-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Another at the ramp story.

So last night after a post work session, we were on our way back to the ramp. As we approached the ramp I noticed a 1975-1980 Toyota Corolla backing a empty trailer into the water, the boat waiting in the water was a rather large old old old outboard. As if just the sight of the two vehicles was not amusing enough I mentioned that this would be fun to watch. My buddy dropped me off at the dock to grab the truck and at the same time the Toyota began its struggle up the ramp. Just as the boat cleared the water I heard a huge bang and pop and a lot of yelling in spanish. I turned around to see the bumper of the Toyota broken in half right in the middle where the hitch was connected to the bumper. They proceeded to pull the boat, bumper dragging all the way across the parking lot. The looks on their faces was priceless and they appeared to have no idea as to what to do next. Goodtimes at the ramp.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
I would have loved to see that... lol
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
That reminds me of a time when this guy was backing down the ramp w/ his waverunner and his wife was on top. Half way down the ramp the jetski came of the trailor w/ the wife still on it. wait that was me good thing I got ride of that jetski and the wife
Old    tutman            08-06-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
HAHA, it's always great to see something like this. I feel bad for them, but at the same time, GIMME' A BREAK!!

This ever happen to you Mole?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
the peeps on the westside are just plain classic aren't they? Just roll over to Walmart on Normandy Blvd. Last time I was in town my buddy and I went to buy a gun safe, and I could not believe the quality of people. Unreal!

I can just imagine the sights at the ramp, thanks for sharing Greg.
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-06-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
This happened on Moutain Island Lake, NC Last Sunday. Guy towing a 1980 something 23-24ft fiberglass boat with a 4cyl Ford Ranger. Ranger does not have enough @ss to pull it up the ramp so this guy has his wife go get another Truck 1990 Toyota Pick up 4cylander, so in his mind he planned to tie both trucks together at the ramp to pull his boat out 2X4cyclander=V8, but he used a ski rope to do the towing. Bang, pop rope breaks and Ford Ranger almost goes under. The only thing that saved him was the water pushing back on the boat when it went in. So now he has his wife back the Toyota back up to the ranger and we are going to try this again only this time he has a towing strap. Hooks up both trucks. They get about have way up the ramp and now "Houston we have a problem" the front bumper of the Ford Ranger Is about to get pulled off. He stops the tow and gets in behind the toyota to do some fixin. Now we are ready to hook in a new position on Ranger. Wife in Toyota back up for him to hook up the 2nd truck and she backs up too far hit the Ranger and gets Hubby caught between the two trucks bumpers the Ranger goes back and wife in Toyota panics and continues backing up over husband. Hubby is laid out in the middle of a 4 boat launch thrashing around like a fish out of water. EMT's show up and the ramp was shut down for about an hour cleaning up the mess. Man what good times are had at the Launch ramp.
TK