Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    ole            11-06-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
I am trying to decide between a 05 Nautique 210 and a Mastercraft X2 or X10. Below is info that the sale people told me:
The best wakeboard boat for wake performance is 21 ft, 91 in beam...that's all they use in competitions. If I get a 23-foot, the wake wont be as consistent and the boat will bounce around. Since the boat is bigger you really need to weigh it down with the triple ballast and that’s really not enough since the boat is so big.
Also, I was told Nautique is the best performing boat due to its consistency and its single hull. It may not have the "bling-bling" factor but its the best quality boat, although slightly more pricier.
Per my review of NADA, Nautique holds its value better.
Any tips or comments you have regarding either of these boats would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
I would also check out the Malibu. Between the Nautique and the MC, I think the Nautique is better built. I have owned all of those boats and the Malibu is my favorite(at the moment).
But you can't go wrong with any of them.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-06-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Check those NADA numbers again--the X-2's have done the best job of holding their value. If you want to wakeboard hard core either the X-2, SANTE (210), or Malibu V-Ride will suit. If you want a little bigger boat check out the Malibu VLX--it blows away the X10 on just about every level.

Of the three boats listed--tough to beat the value and performance of the X-2--IMHO.
Old    ole            11-06-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Malibu is off my list because of the dealer...I will have servicing issues.

Why is the X2 better than the X10?

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
I love hte x-10 wkae and ride and features... I used to ride behind one every day!! loved it
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       11-07-2004, 5:57 AM Reply   
"Why is the X2 better than the X10?"

X10 is more a crossover boat and has a ton more interior space than the X2. That being said, the wake is really soft behind the '10. I've ridden quite a bit behind both and the X2 wake is EXCELLENT. I'd almost say it's better than the rock-hard vert wall my SAN throws. ALMOST.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-07-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
SAN all the way, without a doubt
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
i have a SAN, i had an X-2, the SAN blows it away but either choice is a good one. the x-10 is a piece of poop and has an awful wake and there is no way you should be deciding between an x-10 and x-2
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-09-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Kyle ~ If the SAN blows away the X2 why is either choice good?

Mike ~ I would go with the X2 cause it's an all around better boat, but the SAN is very nice as well. The X10 would not be an option.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-09-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
non of these boats are better or worse than one another. It's ALL A MATTER OF YOUR PREFERENCE. More room, less room, steep wake, rampy wake.....decide what you need in a boat.

Old     (jsebnick)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-09-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Very well said!!!!
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-10-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Mike - I am sort of in the same position as you right now. I currently have a 2002 XStar (X2) and will be purchasing a 2005 once I get mine sold. The only 2 boats I'm considering are the '05 X2 and '05 SANTE.

Since I have a X2 currently I have a good deal of knowledge about the boat, how to weight it, etc and have had the opportunity to drive the 2005 for a tournament in Texas (the orange/black 2 with the stickers). The only major changes are the tower, board racks, and "drive-by-wire" system.

I have a good friend with a 2004 SANTE who I ride with a good bit. We took his boat out last weekend and he let me drive the entire time so that I could get a good feel for the boat.

Here is my honest opinion - I like the X2 just a little bit better because of several factors:
1) More interior room
2) More storage in the rear compartments
3) A more "user-friendly" wake

I think the SANTE is a dynamite boat with 1st rate manufacturing. It is def a smaller boat though and for trips that I take that makes a big difference. The wake on the SANTE we rode was stupid big - unreal the buck you got off it - which was part of the problem. There are many people who ride with me that would have problems with this wake but would be able to ride a X2 w/o issue.

There are def things I like about the Nauti - keyless ignition, ballast gauges, worldclass wake - but in my case I think the X2 is the better "all around" boat.

I can't comment on the X10 because I've never ridden behind one.
Old    wakelvr            11-10-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
What J-Rod said!

If you have specific questions regarding the X2 (and X10), feel free to email me. I have a lot to say!