Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Well, after about 4 months of deliberation, I pulled the trigger on the 08 Supra 22SSV coming from an 05 Supra 24SSV. (see thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/535447.html)

Here are my impressions so far:
Fit and finish: No comparison, every year Supra has been stepping it up. The carpet and vinyl are thicker and the boat's look is definitely much updated.

Ride: The boat definitely handles better than the 05 24. They have also eliminated any of the steer chatter that happened on the 24 with heavy loads. Boat also seemed much improved cutting through rollers and such.

Wake: We are still experimenting with this but I did take my old 24 bags which were upgraded and stuck them in this boat. So right now we have 1100 up front and two 900's in the rear compartments. We never filled up the rears completely since that would be too much without more in the nose but it is nice to have that big bag back there for wakesurfing.

Anyway, the wake with the front bag almost full and probably 500-600 in each rear bag was about equal size to the 24SSV. However, it is definitely significantly steeper and firmer in my and 3 other of my buddies opinions. It definitley has more of a natural kick to it. The steeper wake took a little getting used to from the toe side edge. I can't imagine the steepness of a 21V as people state it is MUCH steeper. It was clean to 75ft at 22.5-23.5.

We are going to continue to play with the weight (possible some more in the nose adding more in the rear).

Recommended additions: One thing that I always disliked about my Supra's is that they shared one pump to fill all three bags. When you have these big bags, that takes a while. I worked with my dealer and they installed a second pump which is attached directly to the front bag. They then capped off one of the outlets on the original manifold so that the stock pump only fills that back two bags. It is all wired up to work like stock (second pump only turns on when center is set to fill and stock pump only turns on when right or left are set to fill). This was the best few hundered dollars that I ever spent as the water gushes into the stock front bag and the rears now fill fast too. The system fills about twice as fast.

Overall, so far we love the boat. Supra keeps stepping it up and I am loving the steeper, firmer wake.

Hopefully I will have some pictures of the boat and the extra plumbed in pump if anyone is interested.