Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    uglyinfatuation            10-16-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
this is the board i just got hooked up with and it is awsome. i went out there and stuck my whole pass on it without even taking one practice jump. i didnt fall on my first 6 720s i tried. its insane. tell me what you guys think
Old    uglyinfatuation            10-16-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
this is not erica either it is justin butinsky
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
I thought it was a pretty bad ass board, Although I've heard lots of issue about being easy to break. Anyways I loved the way it cut towards that wake... Yeah Baby!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
How bout an opinion from the other side! Didn't like the way it edged (Didn't feel free). I guess I should have tried it finless.

Pop was mediocre and the landings were hard.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
it made a world of difference finless... I hated it with fins, then went finless and wow... whole different world
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-16-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
anyone read the overviews on wakeworld about the byerly, under the board reveiw thing, wtf is up with that? Some dude was venting on there or sumthin, its messed up.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
i havent even tried mine with the fins, but i love it, alot better than last years
Old    jakeman            10-16-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
anyone hit a slider w/ it yet?

did it scratch ?
Old    uglyinfatuation            10-17-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
yeah i have hit a lot of sliders with mine.. so far so good. the board is soooooooooooooooo much better without the fins. for me it was way to grippy with them in. like the one guy said it is a completly different board without them. if you dont like it you dont like it all i know is i rip so much harder on it
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-17-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Hey..Erica/Justin...since you are posting so much on here now..why don't u just go ahead and get your own username?? Just wondering.
when I read the post on this thread..I was like
"DAMN..a GIRL throwing 6 720's...damn she's good..oh wait,,thats Justin..using Ericas name as a front"
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-17-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
I rode it and it was just too slow. Edge felt kind wierd too. Good pop and nice landings but I just could not get that board to have any kind of speed.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-17-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
had no problem getting speed when cutting into the wake!
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-17-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   
Try coming off a LF Balance and trying to get that kind of speed out of a Byerly, wont happen. Not saying anything bad about the board I just like a quicker board. Lots of people really like the new board, just not for me.
Old    wakeboardfreak            10-17-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
would you recommend this board to me? I can do 180s like nothing (both sides and directions), landed a 360 once, and over the summer i just learned a backroll. what do u think?
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-18-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
Do you like a slower board? If you do this is a great popping, nice edge holding board. But as I said if you like a faster board this one drags a little
Old    blind5            10-19-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
rode it yesterday.

SUCKS
Old    wakeboardfreak            10-19-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
alright.. thanx for the input Tim
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-20-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
JD Webb was riding it, until Worlds...?
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-26-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
I have ridden every Byerly shape since he signed with Hyperlite, and I finally got the chance to ride the new design. I rode it finless, with the widest stance, for all references. It rode-shock of all shocks-like a Byerly, only better than the 02-03 shape, in my opinion. The pop is there, as always, with a nice landing, possibly softer than last year. The edge hold is as solid as ever, even without fins, but not too tight. The speed into the wake is, as usual, progressively fast, maybe faster than last year. Overall, I liked the board, and would say that the cutouts provide a good addition to the Byerly design, helping the board hold an edge better without a center fin, and yet not be too tight on the water. I would compare it to the old Byerly finless design from 00-01, only better edge hold into the wake and softer landings. Anyways, those are my thoughts. This is definately a solid design, not a gimmick or mistake. If you like the previous Byerly designs, you should like this one.

Luke
Old    joeschmidt            10-26-2003, 3:12 PM Reply   
It looks like just alot of hype. I would think that its really slow.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
I have experience on every Byerly deck put out over the years, and I agree strongly with Luke's assessment. So many people have offered different opinions of this new shape, but Luke's impressions are nearly identical to my own, as I've posted in the past. The real issue with this deck might be durability, and only time will give us a better sense of that.

BTW, I am interested in how one is able to judge a board based on how they think it might ride due to the looks of it. Maybe a better way to judge a board would be to actually ride it.