Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
What's the approximate cost for new skins for the interior of a 2001 X-star?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
you might want to check mymastercraft.com they have a parts list and pricing.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Bob,
What is wrong with them? There was a problem with some Vinyl they used in the early 2000's. the seams were tearing or something. Check with MC, they were replacing the skins if it was in that timeframe. Install not included from what I hear, but who cares!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-19-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Mike,

I have a 2000 xstar. The vinyl is ok, but starting to rip at the seams. You sure they are replacing skins from that long ago? I'd love to get all new skins for my boat, especially if it comes with the type of vinyl they use on the new boats.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
My 01 x-9 was ripping at the seams on the back seat. They sent me new skins last year for free.
Check with MC
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
I had a guy looking at buying my boat and he had a 1999 MC. He told me that he had to replace some of the skins on his boat. I don't think his qualified, but my dealer told me that he thought it might. He said that there was a lot of chatter on team talk about it and MC stepped up to the plate. I'm not sure if they are still doing it, but it is worth checking out.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
By the way Bob,
I think new skins would be around $1,000 if they are not covered.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-21-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
i have the same problem with my '02 and am hoping for the same outcome. i know a buddy that has an '03 that had the same problem and he got his taken care of also.