Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 4:23 PM Reply   
Im just wondering what people think is the best place to vacation with your boat in washington. I live in seattle and would like to find some nice water and a nice place to stay also.
Old    ryanp            07-19-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
I Live in Shelton near Olympia and there are a lot of lakes around here. Lake Cushman is a nice big manmade lake and not to many people live on it. They have cabins and there's a state park too. There's also Mason lake. Its pretty big and has some camp grounds but alot of people live on it and it gets real choppy. If I were u I would go to Cushman. The water is crystal clear and its a great lake. At the end there are alot of hiking trails and a rock and a bridge that u can jump off. They both are about 40ft and are safe to jump of. Theres some under water stumps and rocks at the end by the rock so watch out.
The Shorter side of the Rock This is a Picture of the shorter side of the rock

Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Head east...
Banks Lake, Snake River, Peteros, Entiat...anywhere on the Columbia...weekdays are great in any of those places. Flat water, sun and no boats.

Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
I grew up in Olympia and if you don't mind saltwater, Hood's Canal offers some decent water. Heck, that's where I learned to ski! Lake Nawatzel, while small, rarely has any riders as well. Take Ryan's word regarding the stumps at Cushman. Not too cool if the water is low.
Old    whitevlx            07-31-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
I'll second Banks Lake, I spend at least 10 days there every summer. But generally Crescent Bar, Bebe Bridge, Pateros all on the Columbia are great.
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-01-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
banks lake, the sunbanks resort and Bebe bridge.

My favorites, hands down.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Suprised no one's mentioned Lake Roosevelt. If you've got cash to burn you can rent out Bow Lake, a private lake owned by Doug's Inboard up in Bellingham.