Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Options include....

Bimini top
PP Digital Pro
6cd changer/amp W/Infinity speakers
Flip Bolster Drivers Seat
Heater
Pop-up bow light
pull up cleats (two pairs)
Fiberglass Swim Platform
Illusion Tower
Wedge
Tandem Axle Trailer
Two Board Racks

The dealer wants $45,900 With Trailer.
What do you think?? Am I paying to much?
Old    hyperryd            05-23-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
I just looked at three identical boats in Bakersfield on Thursday and they wanted 43k. The only difference was it had a Swoop tower, but they had one with the illusion tower and they said all three were the same price.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2003, 9:38 PM Reply   

just keep in mind with the illusion tower you have to board the boat on the bow or on the sunpad
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-24-2003, 1:51 AM Reply   
Yea... the tower wasnt our first choice, considering some people have problems with the line getting caught on the board racks when the boat comes around to pickup the rider in the water.... And the fact we have to get in the boat weird ways.

Just cant wait 2-3 months to get one with a differnt tower. I need to get out of my centurion direct-drive.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-24-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
if the dealer has one in stock with that tower, they should offer a substantial discount because of it. I bet they are a hard sell. If you ask me, if you are spending that much money on a boat, it is worth it to get it set up right. You would be doing good to talk to other dealers, and if you can't find a better deal, and you are willing to put up with the inadequacies of that tower, I would offer 40.
Old    samcdog            05-24-2003, 7:22 AM Reply   
I'm with Tim. If you are going to spend that much, get exactly what you want. You either are going to regret it for as long as you own the boat or pay to get it changed later. Roughly 43K is what I was quoted for a nicely loaded VLX. If you can't wait offer them 40.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-24-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Talked to the dealer today... They did some handy-dany welding, moved the racks a bit lower and now the rope issue, isnt, well, an issue. However, Because of the still posibility, I took your advice and tried to talk them down. My dad talked them down to $41k.

I just CANT wait. I am going to have to deal with the tower problems everytime we come back to pickup riders in the water...but its a vlx, so I cant complain.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-27-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
when are you going to post pictures? Is that your boat that I say posted on Wakeboarder.com?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-27-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
congrats man, good job with the pricing.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2003, 11:01 PM Reply   
Allen: yup - that'd be one.... here is a picture- Without the all chrome tower speakers/light bar and possible dark window tint.

http://www.yserver.net/boat.jpg
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-02-2003, 11:11 PM Reply   
Jeeze, that tower rubs me wrong. Otherwise, that is a sweet arse boat!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2003, 11:14 PM Reply   
As does it with most people.... But, with the chrome its going to look SICKKKKK
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-03-2003, 4:16 AM Reply   
41k is a great price.
Old    hockeyruss            06-03-2003, 4:27 AM Reply   
Is that the boat that was on tour for the Just Ride Series last year? I think it was. It was on display in North Carolina when they debutted the Titan Illusion Tower.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-03-2003, 11:23 PM Reply   
I doubt it. The dealer decided they should get a solid color VLX with the illusion tower with their inventory for the season, and obviously was the last to go. Who knows, but I doubt it.
Old    steveaz            06-03-2003, 11:42 PM Reply   
Bennett, just a thought, but if you use a shock tube on your line, it may help to eliminate your rope problems.
Old    painterdrew            06-20-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Have 03 Wakesetter VLX with illusion tower. No problems with the rope. Like the visibility. Easy to load the board racks. I think it looks good.

boat pic
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
A lot of towers have the issue with the rope getting caught on the racks when you do tight turn.
I'd say thats a killer price for the boat with all of the options you got, I'd feel pretty good if I was you. Killer boat (color) too, it probably looks a lot better in person.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-20-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   

This is a picture of the same color boat in the factory. With the black bimin, alluminum b530's and chrome light bar (to offset the green/blacK) it will look even better. It looks awsome in the water!