Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2006, 2:37 AM Reply   
Hi!

I have a question regarding judging. How would you judge these tricks:
- HS FS 360
- HS BS 360
- Switch HS FS 360
- TS FS 360
- HS Backroll
- Roll to revert
- Scarecrow
- TS Frontroll
- Tantrum

In which order would they be ranked, if they all where done, with same technical level and style.

Am I all wrong, if I say that the two most difficult tricks is:
- HS BS 360
- Switch HS FS 360

/Casper

(Message edited by cas on July 16, 2006)
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/Tourney/tricklistpoint.asp
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
not sure what your asking but if you landed all these in a tourney you would have to ride Expert at some but most regualr amatuer tourneys only allow up to 7 invert/spin variations and you would get dqed if you stuck all eight..

id rank it as a great expert run 1st 2nd place as an amatuer its only an intermediate to
advanced on the pro tour ,,

great skills and mix of tricks and style i think thats an awesome run but it depends on where you are and who your up against...

if you take one of those threes to five and another off axis and maybe a trick to blind you could win almost any expert division and be top ten in outlaw most anywhere ;)
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
The tricks mentioned above, is tricks thrown from different riders, in a small competion in Denmark. The reason I ask is because the judges s$cks. They don't know how to judge the different tricks. They just look at which trick looks the coolest. So they think a backroll counts more than a 360
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
well a 360 IMO is slightly better then a backroll but if the broll looked huge floaty and clean and the three was hucked and small then the backroll wins..Judging is subjective and there willl always be people who think the got robbed etc..

the Bs 360 and the switch three are the most technical tricks thrown but again if they were small and sketchy then a huge roll to revert or crow would beat them IMO...

ive judged tourneys and its hard to always please everyone and lots of judges have different oppinions...

IMO a nice slow grabbed late blind 180 landed wrapped is harder and wold be more tech but that me ive tried them both and its really hard to stop your rotation on a bs 180 and easier to bring it to three..

hope that helps
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-23-2006, 5:34 AM Reply   
How will a rider be judged, if he has an okay run, but only manage to go through half his run, because he falls the max. no. of times.

In which of the categories, will he get penalty?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-23-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
his falls dont count on his run as far as scoring it as an individual run but the falls hurt him because they will be compared to the rest of the heats runs...so if all the rest of the pack has max falls then whatever was landed will be scored as such and you have a better chance to win,however if there are a lot of runs with more tricks scored and less fallas it will push you further down stanmdings..

each run is scored off the first riders scores the rest of the riders are moved up and down as each rider runs and the three/four catagories are acored against the previous ridses scores..

so falls are not neccessarily seen as negative when scoring the runs but later as everybody rides they are used to move you up or down when there are comparable or better runs later in the heat..