Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
I have been riding an 05 premier until the insert broke out and had to warranty it. They are sending me a brand new one but it is on back order. Benefits of me working at a board shop. I have been demoing a lot of other boards. I really liked my 02 premier, more than my 05. I have ridden a substance last year for a set and liked it. Tonight I rode an omega and loved it. So I am thinking of buying an 06 substance. I can't demo it so I need some help. The premier seems slow to me. How does the substance compare to the new premier.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
The rocker line of the Substance isn't as aggressive as the Premier... It'll ride faster than the Premier for sure.

I absolutely LOVE the Substance shape... really surfy and fun, but still quick and sharp when you want it to be. I think you'd like the Substance... It is just an extremely well-balanced board. Similar to the old Premier shape in lots of ways... just a more improved, better performing shape

(Message edited by anodyne on July 11, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   

quote:

The rocer line of the Substance isn't as aggressive as the Premier... It'll ride faster than the Premier for sure.

i'm not so sure about that. i found the substance WAY slow...slower than the premier! either way, they're both slow.

i'd take the premier over the substance. to me, it has a much better pop, looser (the substance is still somewhat grippy w/o its center fins), and lands A LOT softer than the substance!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
It's true... the Substance DOES land like a tank!! That's a con I forgot to mention...
Old     (mikejessup)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
If you can try the watson my brother went from the 05 premiere to it and he loves it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
Weird but the 138 felt fast, the 142 felt slower. They felt like completely different boards actually.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
Try the PS3....A faster substance that lands about the same,maybe a tad softer.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-12-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
i have had both boards -premier and substance -- sold the premier --i hated it. it felt super slow and had hard landings to me. i am substance all the way...
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-12-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
I ride the 138 06 Substance & PS3 thanks to my wife. They both have hard landings, and both ride the same to me. I want to try the shane and watson to see if they are different.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
I found the Premier to be super tight on the water! Like it was annoying, I do like super, super loose boards though! And I agree with Joe that the Substance is slower then the Premier but they are both slow.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-12-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
I just switched from an '04 Premier, which I loved, to a PS3. My husband switched from the 05 premier to the PS3 as well. Both are similar but the PS3 holds edge better and pops straighter up and is a little faster, but still rides loose. Oh and lands really soft compared to a premier. I was considering a substance and watson too...

(Message edited by parkgirl on July 12, 2006)
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-13-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
J-Rod, Usually a smaller board in a series will feel faster because at a given rider weight, you can set the edge quicker & deeper on a smaller board - it's less board to leverage into the water... With the sronger edge happening quickly the board will seem faster...