Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    wakewil            07-17-2005, 11:18 PM Reply   
I know that i/o boats dont make much of a wake but are there any other tips for increasing the wake size besides weight weight weight. ive already thrown about 600 lbs of cement in the boat and the wake got bigger but not by a lot. would changing to a four blade prop help at all? it drives me crazy riding behind these sans and x-stars with huge wakes then going out on my boat and feeling like its a jetski. all help is appreciated
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-18-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
adjust the trim up, until just before it starts porpiousing.
Old    wakecastle            07-19-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Trimming it way up, just like Quinn says will make a huge difference. Don't be afraid to throw some more ballast on board too. Changing to a four-blade prop and dialing down the pitch (about -1-2) will give you more torque to push that heavier boat on plane quicker, however this depends on the indivdual boat. For most boats I've seen, stepping down 1 pitch and adding a blade usually helps a lot. You will lose top end, but your hole shot will improve dramatically. Make sure prop is properly tuned to your boat...don't over-rev!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-20-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
I have about 700 lbs in the bow, which makes the wake decent size then you have to start adding weight to the back to get a little steepnees to it and a little harder.

I have a 18 ft bayliner capri with a 4.3l 190hp merc. two fatbuddy sacs in back one gethigh sports sac in front(all on autoballast) and a 4 blade 18 pitch prop gets up on plane fairly quick. on thing to remember though with all the extra weight is that you wont be making very tight turns you will have to go nice and wide, after a while you get a feel for it.

btw I also have monster tower, perfect pass, mako racks and monster mirror!

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-20-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
When I had my I/O I found out real quick that the key to making a decent wake was to weight the bow down and not just the back. I also had a 4 blade SS prop at 17 pitch for the holeshot with the trim between 1/4 and 1/2. Good luck!