Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-26-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=204

who is heading up to Carlsbad tonight?
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-26-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
I will be there/
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-26-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
Looks like it'll be me, Buzz, Geoff Howell (who will be signing autographs), and his buddy Nick? About to head that way now.

-Blake
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-26-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Let me know how the movie went guys. I made it up and had a great time demoing LF gear but I had to leave about 4:30. Snug Harbor is a great spot!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
What is everyone still sleeping off the hangover from the LF Party and Encore premier last night?

Fill me in guys & gals.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-27-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
My head hurts a little... Nah, it hurts a lot! Good times last night. I hate to say it, Relentless was a better video... Sorry. I'll write more after this headache goes away.

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
Blake,

I agree. Relentless is hard to beat. I need to watch Encore again. Maybe I was buzzed (I am sure I was), but I hope it is better next time I watch it.

Had a great time with everyone last nite. We really need to have more big get-togethers like this. Looks like this is the place for it though.

Josh, Tyler,

Congrats on the new place. I think it has huge potential. REALLY cool place.

Jason,

Thanks for bringing out all the goodies! Looks like there were plenty of riders. (Let me know when you are selling the demos. I need a LF board in my stable, and am too cheap to buy a new one. Actually no more room in the garage, and my GF won't let me!).

Let's hear what everyone else has to say.

Have a safe holiday weekend.

Buzz
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Tyler (TSO),

Missed you by about an hour. Still have your chair in my truck! We will hook up soon. I am trying to get to San V Monday. How bout you?

...sorry for the hijack...
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Relentless was a really good movie. The party at the lagoon was awesome.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Buzz,

No worries on chair. Sunday and Monday @ San V. is the plan right now.

I really got into the LF Substance during my demo run yesterday. So much so I bought one with some limited team bindings. Should have the new gear next week. Tyler had some smokin deals going on LF gear yesterday.

I really wished I could have stayed for the Party! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Blake called me from his cell and it sure sounded loud enough.

(Message edited by tyler_o on May 27, 2005)
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Tyler... that is the same board/binding combo I want to try! I couldn't make the demos though.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-27-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
I missed the movie by about 30 seconds. (I got there JUST as it finished). But it was still fun. The lagoon is the place to be!

-Steve
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Jason,

Your welcome to try mine when it comes in. What I can tell you is that this board is exactly what I've been looking for. It's fast, tracks really well on edge, tremendous pop, landings were solid and it's loose when you want it to be (lipslides, boardslides, 180's, etc.)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-27-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
party was great!

Good to finally meet you Buzz and Blake.

Thanks to Tyler and Josh from Wakesports for hosting the event.

www.carlsbadlagoon.com (nice pic Sean )

I would say that the location is great in all aspects and they have done an excellent job cleaing up the place.

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Steve,

Sorry you showed up late, but you made up for it. Your rockin' truck sure got you the girls!! Hope you got a copy of the pics!!

Hairbandude,

Good to meet you too. Hope to see you at he lake soon.

Old    stormrider            05-27-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
Memorial Day; Gail, I, the boys and a couple other folks with their kids will be there as well. Will probably stay with the boat in line. Anybody else?
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Steve,

I'll be there Sat evening and probably Sun too. I won't have the whole family camping out but there should be a good group of us there. I'll bring the laptop so we can watch some movies too.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Steve and TSO,

Either one of you planning on staying Sun nite in line and riding Mon?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-27-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
It was good to see all the usual suspects out there last night.

Hairbanddude i expect to get a call from you soon bro we need to ride

Thanks to Jason for the pulls and the demo of all the LF products i am totally sol on the XL narrows

On a side note i am posting this from my sisters house in Atlanta and she lives right next to the Chattahoochee river and my oh my the glass that was to be had out there all day today was unbelievable i wish i could mooch a pull
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-27-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
Okay, now that the headache is gone, and I'm thinking a little bit clearer... Last night was a blast. The Lagoon is an awesome place. I had a great time, and the set-up for the premiere was really good. I'm going to agree with Buzz, and my previous statement... I think Relentless was a better video, but everyone knows, it was going to take a lot to top it. Maybe I too need to watch Encore again? Anyway... I had a blast last night, I'm glad I went. If you haven't been to the lagoon, check it out, it's the place to be.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-28-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
Buzz,

I'll be there Sat and Sun nights.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2005, 12:31 AM Reply   
Stoked everyone had a great time the other night at the premiere...I wish that I could have been there!

Well hey, Im just sorta diving in here to give you the official lowdown on "ENCORE"...

"ENCORE" is the Relentless "re-release. It is all of the footage that you didn't see in Relentless, and TONS more...It's a 2 disc set with a 60 page book packed tight with goodies to check out...There is seriously tons of stuff to go through...Hours...

The video that you have all been watching at the video premieres is all of the latest stuff that these guys have been doing since the video came out, mixed with some other bells and whistles...The crazy thing is that it is not even a quarter of what you will get to check out when you buy the video.

Liquid Force has some great things headed your way in the near future...We just started our new official team video for 2006, and the new 2005/2006 product line is going to be off the hook. "ENCORE" is just the first dose of many exciting things to come!!!

We are having a lot of fun over here right now...Thanks for the support everyone!!!

Justin
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-28-2005, 5:57 AM Reply   
Justin,

Thanks for the input. I did remember someone saying there was a lot of bonus stuff that we did not see. Looking forward to checking it all out. I have no doubt there is more great flicks in the future from you guys.

Keep up the great work.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Justin,

So if you buy "Encore" is "Relentless" on the DVD as well? I already have "Relentless" and just wondering if I was going to get all new video footage or if I was buying "Relentless" for the 2nd time. Thanks.

Andrew
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Andrew, Good question...

Relentless IS on one of the discs, but it actually makes up a VERY SMALL part of the content that you will be getting when you buy ENCORE...We figured that we would still stick it on there being that ENCORE is the "Relentless re-release", but just a different version of it edited to new music just to mix things up a bit. Between the 60 page book, the new bonus video that we edited with new footage that we have shot since we finished Relentless, and all of the bonus features, you will be sitting around for hours, even without the new version of Relentless on there.

Also...FYI - For those of you out there that have the original version of Relentless, hold onto it, because we are going to stop making them once ENCORE ships in a few weeks. What you have now is going to be limited edition.

Have fun!

Justin

(Message edited by justinstephens on May 29, 2005)

(Message edited by justinstephens on May 29, 2005)
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
Thanks Justin. One more quick question: when will Encore be in stores? Thanks.