Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    freakyfrog2005            05-22-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
I was wondering how long it took you guys that compete in tournaments to get that good. I an going to college next year and plan on buying a boat, and want to eventually get on The KU wakeboard team. I just wanted to know if I will ever be good enough in my 4 years. Thanks
Old    jeffsuperstar            05-22-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
hi daniel.
i don t think it s about the time, it s more about the time on the water and your approach of the sport, if you are skilled you will progress real fast, otherwise you will get blocked at some point and stay there for quiet some times.
wish you the best
Old     (hyperlite7572)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
If you havent wakeboarded beoffre, really, i would get the detention vioes, they are great teachers, its a good video.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
In the past 3 years, i really started to get serious about wakeboarding. I got a decent boat, trampoline, and I lost 60lbs. This year things are really starting to come together and by the end of the season I will be riding really good. Right now, landing stuff is the easy part, its a matter of getting it big and consistent.

About competitions, last year I was competing at the beginner/intermediate level (1 invert and 1 spin). This year I am competing at open (no restrictions).

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on May 25, 2005)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-25-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
the best thing u can do for yourself to get better the fastest is go alot. ideal is at least 2-3 times a week. the more time you spend on the board the more comfortable you are. the other thing that i strongly reccomend is that you ride with people that are better than you every time you ride. this will push you harder and influence you to try more things. if you can i would also reccomend going to a camp or gettin some lessons from a local pro/semi pro. and watch lots of wakeboard videos, whether they be instructionals or jus regular vids.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
What Jason said, I progressed the most in the past 4 weeks because I have been riding 4-5 days a week...but now everyone is working so I can't ride.