Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
how do I clean the carpets in my boat is using a steam cleaner O.k. or do you reccomend something else? If O.k what cleaning materials should I use. Also is there something else other than Babes that works better and is cheaper for cleaning the vinyl seats
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
I use a steam cleaner on mine about once a year. It's easy with snap out carpet, takes about 5 mins. My last boat didn't have snap out, about once a year I scrubbed it with resolve and it worked really well.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       09-28-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
Don't know about the carpet but Mr. Clean Magic erasers and a microfiber towel work wonders on vinyl. Follow up with Formula 303 and the vinyl will look like new.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-28-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
spray the carpet with a household carpet cleaner (ie resolve) head to your local powerwash; spray down carpet (make sure drain plugs are out) , then wet vac remaining water. let air dry.
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-28-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
My carpet was matted down and just looked worn. After cleaning like Adam suggested I sprayed the wet carpet with diluter liquid fabric softener, let it set for 15min or so and then rinsed it again worked great.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
I dont have snap out carpet but if i use powerwash on it that should work or what do you think about steam cleaner that you use for your carpet in the house?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Gabriel, a steam cleaner you use for the house (the kind rented at grocery stores) with the hand-held attachment works wonders.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
stanfield have you used one before and if so what kind of cleaner did you use?
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-28-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
If you do use Resolve make sure you rinse as much out as possible as your last step, as it will attract soil like a magnet. I clean carpets for a living, and I see way to many people over use it.
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-30-2005, 3:43 AM Reply   
When I first got the boat this summer, I tried the steam cleaner w/ the resolve mix, but didn't like the outcome, so I got the spray resolve, sprayed the carpet, powerwashed it heavily, wet vac'ed it, rinsed again (I HATE the smell of resolve), then layed down some of that stain defender for carpets stuff...worked wonders, just whip out the vaccum when I clean and service the boat on the weekends, it's been great...even w/ all the clay in the area.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-30-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
2 weekends ago, i took the actually flooring out of my Supra 21v and took the 2 main floor pieces to the car wash. just used the high-pressure rinse setting and went to town. Then used the high-powered vacuums to suck up as much of the water as possible. then sat them in the sun to dry. my carpets are beautiful again!!!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-30-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
suprasteve, when you say took them out, you mean you unscrewed the flooring out of the boat?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Of course you could always put the boat on that trailer thing and tow the whole boat to the car wash.

Thats what I always did until I got a boat with snap out carpet. Spray it out with soap then rinse then vac then sun dry it does wonders!
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-30-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
1. Vaacumn 2. Get a carpet rake and rake pile. 3. Vacumn again.4. Hot as you stand towel and blot. 5. If there is anything left use use a watered down orange peel soln. for those tough spots and hot towel blot rinse. 6. if you can swing by a carpet cleaner supply house pick up a enzyme cleaner or buy the stuff from the pet store these basically eat protien which is most food spills.blot spots , and blot with hot towel rinse. 7. follow these steps and vacumn at least every month and you will really extend life of any carpet.8. vinal 303 to protect after cleaning. Steam clean or any other major cleaning try as last resort
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-30-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
"stanfield have you used one before and if so what kind of cleaner did you use?"

I used the one rented from Albertsons, I believe the brand is Rug Doctor, but I might be mistaken on that. The steam cleaner also has the cleaner made by them that you can purchase when you rent it. We actually used it for the carpets in the house and I figured I'd give it a try in the boat with the hand-held attachment. I'll never use anything else.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-30-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
I look for the dude driving around the neighborhood in one of the those "drive-by-and-I'll-clean-your-carpet" vans. Last time I saw one I offered the guy $20 cash to clean the boat carpets and he did it.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-30-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
steve send one buy my house cause i got some dirty carpets