Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-17-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
I've read many (and there are many more) reviews of Canon's L-lenses, as well as the input from other discussion boards like FM and PBase, etc. However, I trust you guys alot more than the professional (or photogs) on the other sites.

I have only the 70-200L f/4 non IS for wake shots. I now have a 3 month old little girl and want to have a better lens for getting pics of her (I'm using the nifty 50 for most stuff right now).

The options:

17-40 (Love the wide end of things, and it is less expensive). Used on a 30D, will it satisfy my needs for portraits and such? I figure the 50 and 70-200 will appropriately cover the rest of the ranges.

24-70 My heart says get this, just because I don't have a 2.8 lens. But will it be wide enough for close quarters work on the 1.6 sensor?

24-105 If I go 24 on the wide end, why not make it more versatile up to 105. I obviously have that range in my 70-200, so it would just help with 'switching' lenses.

Big picture, if you could get one of the 3 lenses in the next 2 years...which one would it be (keeping in mind this is for photographing my family primarily).