Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (x2danger)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
has anyone ridden both of these boards? are they similar at all? pros and cons of each? thanks
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
I have ridden both, the LF 129 and the Marius 134 and 140. They all have good pop to me, the CWB was hard landing in the flats, and the fish was nice on the landings. I could hold a harder edge on the CWB for inverts and the fish was fun for spinning. It was a bit wierd being so short, didn't feel normal, but fun to ride. If I were to pick one over the other it would be the fish for me. What are you looking for in a board. I have been demoing different boards looking for soft landings and I am really happy with the LF Team.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2006, 3:39 AM Reply   
wow...that's the first time i've ever heard anyone say the marius landing hard. you ride for lf by chance?

i've ridden both and thought the fish landed hard. i ride the marius mainly because of its soft landings. my old ass knees can't take hard landing anymore, thus the marius, which has been touted as the softest landing board.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
I know Joe, everyone told me the Marius was soft landing. I was so stoked to ride it for the soft landing, but it was the opposite for me. I have been riding the DUP Lidberg for the last couple of years and just tried the Team by chance last weekend and was really surprised how soft it landed. Go figure, riding style or whatever it is, makes it hard to take peoples opinion on a boards performance for your own information. I am not trying to bash any particular board, just give my own personal view.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-15-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
"The CWB Marius was hard landing in the flats"
Thats crazy, the Marius lands butter soft, one of the softest landing boards ever IMO.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Jim, Maybe you should stop going so big!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I know, I know land hard in the flats, it is just me... Its not my fault, I am just an old fart with bad knees.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Jim try the new Trancend, it is a little slow if you like fast boards but the landings are soft (at least to me they are). I am really starting to dig the board alot. It makes you charge the wake a little more than my absolute but I think that is a good thing.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-15-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
I think J-rod hit it on the head!! Jim you just go to big!! I also think Jim is a lil LF struck right now!! He is KILLIN it on that Team!!!! He's Raley on sat was STUPID big!!! Rippin!!!!

I say MARIUS!!! I have rode for many years and have tried every board I can get my hands on! IMO the Marius is the best board I have ever been on!! (Even better than the 02-03 Byerly!! Before the Marius there was not a question in my mind that was the best mold ever) It takes some a few rides to get it down! But once you get it! ITS ON!!! Good luck! BG
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
BG,

You going to Boardstock? I was hoping to get you on the boat again for a secession soon.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Gary,

You need to update your profile pic.