Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
I have a 99 MC 205V. I am putting in an aerator pump 3-bag system, with each bag having its own dedicated FILL pump. Here is the space where I need to fit a manifold:
Upload

My plan is to put the 1.5" thru-hull where the 2-inch mark is on the tape. That will go into a bronze shut-off, and then I want an electric Gate Valve shown here:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?deptID=3&subOf=252%2C19&skunum=26178

It will be worth it not to have to stand on my head to turn off a valve when I'm not using the system.

I will be using 1.5" PVC for a manifold, and won't need any other shut-off valves on the manifold. I am basing my system very closely to what Jamie (Yooper) did in 2004 on this thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/198705.html?1100799866

Any pics of manifold designs for ideas? It's hard to tell from the pic, but its fairly tight in there.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Rich, we'll have to keep in contact. I plan to get going on my system within a month or so. I just had back surgery, so I need to recover a bit more first. I believe the manifold systems that I was considering were those of Trace and Wes Gardner. I do like Yooper's too. Here are some of the forum's that I have bookmarked. I plan to use Tsunami pumps, probably 4 of them in a single manifold.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/341405.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/269782.html
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
I'm guessing the thru-hull is going to be on the starboard side (that's how it looks in your pic)? That's where I'm putting mine also because the recommended location for perfect pass is in pretty much the same location on the port side.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Erik, best wishes on the recovery. Thanks for the links, that's good info.

The pic is showing the Port Side of the engine, with the stern off to the right. I will also be installing WB Pro PP, and the paddle wheel will be to the left of the picture, just in front of the v-drive tranny and just behind the gas tank; just in "front" of the molded indention on the Port side.

My starboard side has the vent hose and fan in the way. I may snake one flexible tube under the oil pan over to the starboard side to feed one pump that will fill the smallest bag, a Pro-X tube sack in the ski locker.

I was looking at Rule 1100 gph pumps (the 205FC) for $37 each at livebaitlarry.com. You can get Tsunami's for $30 at wakeside, but I didn't want to deal with the 1 1/8" threaded fittings.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
those two forums I listed give good solutions to the 1 1/8 fitting issue. I have no choice since I already own the pumps, but I can't blame you for going towards the rules.

do you think it will be a problem that water will flow into your manifold slightly uphill? I suppose it wouldn't matter if it was all under the water line though. I assume you don't plan on using a scupper thru-hull

(Message edited by etakk7 on March 20, 2007)
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
The manifold will be as low as possible. I will come off the top of the thru-hull with a 90-degree elbow into a bronze shut-off valve. It's all below water line.

I am also planning on drilling a couple of hole on the back side of scupper to prevent excessive pressure on the pump fins at high speeds. here is an article for reference:
http://www.livebaitlarry.com/thru_hull_holes.htm
I am using a 1 1/2" bronze thru-hull scupper

(Message edited by Rich_G on March 20, 2007)
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
good idea if you plan on doing high speed filling. Otherwise your gate valve should prevent any flow through the pumps after the bags are full. I'm getting really excited now to do my system. I was up at the storage spot today to check on the boat, it got me thinking about all I want to do to it. At one point I was actually considering a 2" thru-hull (4 pumps), although I can't remember what all I had read about that.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-25-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Upload

here is a mock-up of my manifold and pump placement. None of the parts have been glued together yet.

This view is from the Port side with the front of the boat off to the left. The thru-hull and shut-off valve will be to the right.

Pumps 2 & 3 are slightly lower than the 1.5" PVC manifold, and all of it is below waterline. These are Rule 1100 gph pumps.

The outlet on #1 is straight up, and 2 and 3 angle left and right. Does anyone see any problems with the pump outlet orientation?
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-29-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Does anyone see any problems with the pump outlet orientation?
you might want to be careful that your hoses do not too close to the motor...

I made a manifold for the tsunami's and was checking the fit, I discover that the intake side was 1-3/8" dia.

man this is getting me hacked off!
back to the drawing board because i don't have an 1-3/8 tap.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-29-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
Tsunami's (1200's anyway) are 1 1/8" diameter intake and outlet. Getting the fittings can be a challenge so I plan to just squeeze a 1 inch hose or double clamp a 1 1/4 hose, haven't decided yet.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-29-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Looks good so far keep us updated.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-30-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
i put a similar system in my MC. I oriented all my pump outlets horizantally and have had no problems.

scupper is definitely recommended. Wish i could have found that valve when I was building mine...