Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anybody else had this camera and if they could help me out with some better ways to shoot with it?
Thanx

side note: pic on profile not from camera
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-22-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I use a Canon S2 IS. I would have gotten the S3 for the slightly higher rate of continous but it wasn't out yet. I found using the continous shooting works the best for catching jumps. Many times in the boat I use the beach setting, other than that, you really have to play around with the manual settings to know which setting work best for the conditions.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-26-2006, 1:13 AM Reply   
pretty good camera, I just use some of the auto modes and do some PP. Pictures develop well but I am not so much sure about all the manual features. Good video and zoom though
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-27-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
I used to have the S2 IS. It was a great camera. The Manual settings are all there and shooting full manual with this camera taught me alot about how to use a cameras settings. You can't shoot high iso like you can with a SLR, and the manual focus is almost pointless because it's hard to use. But it's a great camera, with a great zoom for it's small size. Here's a couple pics I took with it.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Testing out the full Digital zoom across the lake.

So this is no zoom, sitting on my dock.
Upload

And this is the full Digital Zoom.
Upload