Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    stormrider            07-12-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
Live in Coronado. Looking to see if anybody here rides out of the Cays or Glorietta.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-12-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
Steven,

What's up, I live on Coronado, but have never heard of the areas you are talking about. I don't have my own boat, but here recently I've been tagging along with a couple friends, and we've headed out to San Vicente everytime. The only other place that I know of to ride, that is local, is Mission Bay. Other than that, I don't know of anything close by. I've heard that Lake Elsinore and Cayon Lake are good spots, but there's a little bit of a drive to get there.

-Blake
Old    tutman            07-12-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I was actually checking out that area for riding spots yesterday. There were a couple of boats (Calbria and SAN) out all the way south on the silver strand, before you get to the biological research area and IB. Looked like a pretty good spot. We may be heading out there in a couple of weekends. I actually had a life guard tell me about the spot so figured we would do a little research. It's pretty secluded since you have to launch at Glorietta and go all the way past the houses.

By the way, whoever it was we saw riding out there; nice riding!!

(Message edited by tutman on July 12, 2004)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 1:07 AM Reply   
I went there once, and have been meaning to get back. We went along the strand, between Glorietta Bay and the Cays. One important point: Don't go during low tide. We were about 100 yards off shore, dropped the skier, and she stood up in waist high water. If you go early in the morning, or late in the afternoon, you can have some really nice water. I have been there many times just riding through (times I should have brought my board), and have usually seen really nice water.