Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
I have a sony CDX-CA705. It has a BUS AUDIO IN rca inputs on the back. I'm trying to hook up my ipod but am unable to find how to get the right input to listen to it. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Tim
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2005, 5:52 AM Reply   
anyone....
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2005, 6:05 AM Reply   
I don't have the BUS AUDIO IN or whatever that is. I assume that it is a 2.5mm mini jack on the front, I am not familiar with the sony line. I used the RCA inputs on the back of my unit to play mine. Then you select in the unit which input you want to listen to, CD,RADIO,AUX. It will be the AUX. You will also have to have the volume turned up all the way on the Ipod.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
I just bought a Sony with that input (different model stereo though). I'm not using that input and it's not clear from the manual how to select it, but under "Using Optional Equipment", it says to press "Source" repeatedly until "CD" or "MD" appears. Then press "Mode" repeatedly until the desired changer appears. Obviously it is referring to an optional CD changer there. Give that a try and see if works for you.
Old     (walknbos)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hey I think I have the same exact headunit in my Avalanche C4. The good news is you can do it, the bad news is you need to buy this part, those inputs only activate with a Sony CD changer or MD player here is what you need:

Sony XA-300

Auxiliary Input Adapter for Unilink Receivers

You can find it here, and they also have the instruction for installing it, that you may find helpful, the unit does alot.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-L5PY09IUPIA/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=158XA300&search=xa%2D300

Just be carefull how you adjust the volume on your ipod or you will overload the input, if you have the ablity to use a line out even better, some chargers have this feature.

Also there is a pretty slick waterproof wire remote for this unit, although a little pricy.

Hope this help..........Cheers!

Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
Another option would be to buy an FM unit for the iPod, one that transmits the audio on the FM band. You then tune your Sony to the frequency you set the FM unit to.
Old     (walknbos)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
Dennis:
That is what I am using now:

The unit is by DLO and is both a Charger, FM transmitter and cradle, it also has a Line out. Sound is good, but not as good as using the inputs, my friend uses the ITRIP on his X-Star, that also work pretty good, but also work off the battery, so you need a charger unit.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
I hate the FM Modulators, they don't work worth a crap. For $99 I'd rather put the money into a new deck.

Thanks for the help.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-24-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Don't you have auxilary RCA input on the back of your HU? If so, just buy a Y cable (gold plated monster cable is best) from the headphone jack to RCA.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
Nope, no aux RCA, that would be too easy. I was hoping the bus audio in would do that.