Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
I heard a rumor at my local shop that next year Murray is joining Ronix. Has anyone heard this? If not, check around with your buds and your shop and get any low down from them. My shop said his contract with Hyperlite expires at the end of this season. I am thinking Hyperlite will renew his contract. He is such a positive role model for the sport. I can see Hyperlite trying to hold onto to him. I am going to be riding Ronix this season, so it would not hurt my feelings if he does go to Ronix. It is rider owned. And with all the buzz about thier product....it would be a good financial decision for him to be a part of Ronix. I feel they are going to be the elite of the elite as a company. So getting in at the ground level will equal big $$$$$ in the future.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
That's a negative ghost rider.

Shaun will still be with Hyperlite next year. He is currently working on his 2008 product line. Look for some cool stuff.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
can you say if he will have a new shape next year? i presume thats what you mean by cool stuff.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
Thanks Travis. I could not imagine Shaun leaving Hyperlite. 2008 cool stuff.....nothing you can talk about, right? I am hoping I did not make a bad decision with my Ronix Frontier purchase. Only got to demo a few boards on vacation in Florida in December. But when to buy and what to buy, right? Travis, is Shaun and Gerry going to tour this summer, like the backyard tour they were running? If so I want to schedule if they are coming to the Michigan area. I went to see Shaun last time in Michigan at a dealer. They were hounding him to sign this and do that... Me and a few friends will pay him and Gerry personally to hang with just us for a day. No dealer pushing product type scene. Just buds hangin and having fun rippin it up. Let me know. Thanks!
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
Rumor mill dismantled and squashed.

Thanks Travis.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
Rider owned? You happen to see the picture of the Square One crew in Alliance? Looks like lunch break at the lumber yard.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-22-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Not true. in fact, he is working on something with a legend....
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-22-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
Rumor is false as Steve said.. there will be a new 08 model
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-22-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   

quote:

And with all the buzz about thier product....it would be a good financial decision for him to be a part of Ronix.

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! are you serious?

quote:

I feel they are going to be the elite of the elite as a company. So getting in at the ground level will equal big $$$$$ in the future.

you got that right!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
He will have a new shape, nothing I can talk about, but yes he is working on it with another wakeboarding icon.

And, Scott, I know that Shaun isn't going out on a bus tour this year, but I would assume Gerry is. I don't know any details though.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thanks again Travis. Good to know! Can I somehow contact Gerry to find out if he is doing a tour? Website or something? As for the pro shop that told me that rumor about Shaun......not going to do business with them anymore. I feel they were talking crap to get me to buy the new Ronix brand because my current board at the time was a Murray. Like I mentioned before, I just hope I made the right decision with the Frontier. I will not know until the lakes thaw here in the Spring. Travis have you or anyone at the school tried the Ronix gear? Any students? Just want to get your thoughts if any. Like I mentioned before I did try the board in December in Florida, but I did not have the time to try a lot of boards to really know the difference. And Ronix supplies are still limited, so impulse decision, really.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-22-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Travis - What kind of dog is that??? Part giraffe?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-22-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Whippet?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-22-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Bocce is an Italian Greyhound...mui cool little dog. Fast as heck too, we helped catch him a few times when my wife and I were at the school.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
"And Ronix supplies are still limited, so impulse decision, really." That is what they were counting on...
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-22-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
"I feel they were talking crap to get me to buy the new Ronix brand because my current board at the time was a Murray"

Well, looks like their tactic worked perfectly then....LOL!
Old    innov8actionsports.com            02-22-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Ya what a tactic, lie to your customers to make a wakeboard sale.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-22-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
fox, you got to be smarter than that! trying to catch an IG is a waist of time(and breath) all you have to do is run away from them, they are a sight hound which means they hunt by sight. so if you run away from them they will chase you. IG's are killer little dogs!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-22-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
Best dog...

Almost got the birds a couple times!!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/GTI2lo/boarding%20school/friday037.jpg
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-22-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
birds, rabbits , if it runs mine will catch it!
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-22-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
Hijacked to a Bocce thread!!!Upload
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-22-2007, 11:27 PM Reply   
hahahahahahahahahaha this is funny because first it started out "is murray going to ronix now its what is the best dog!!!!" GO THE CHA WOWA

(Message edited by dooie on February 22, 2007)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-23-2007, 4:23 AM Reply   
Yes, he has really been wanting his own thread. Alot of mornings he has sat here hoping for it, but I didn't want to be the weird guy who's life is controlled by his dog. Secretly I am that guy, but I just didn't want to to be known. Now it's out in the open I feel much better.

Scott, I sent you an email with Gerry's number. I didn't really want to post it on here. And, to answer your question, I haven't really had any experience with the Ronix stuff. I think it looks good, and it seems to be working well(if you watch any of their team ride it). But, we haven't had any body at the camp yet on one.

But, back to Murray. I think his stuff is going to turn some heads next year. He has been putting a lot of thought and effort into it. And, what I have seen so far looks awesome.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
Thanks again Travis. I'll check my mail for that. Love your dog. Does he swim or jump off the boat? My dad's beagle likes to jump from my boat...can not travel at slow speeds. She will jump! I can't wait to see Shaun's new gear. It sounds like it is going to be awesome. I hate sounding politically decisive, but is his new rig going to be U.S. made. I noticed that the Imperial is claiming that it is made here. I work in design for automotive...seen many jobs go over seas and lots of friends out of a job. So I have been on a kick lately...checking tags. Not that I won't buy it, but more reluctant to. Is the school open for business during the week of Thanksgiving? Is the weather usually good? We are planning our trip for that week to come to Florida with our kids. It will not be a full week unfortunately. We have to do the Disney thing, the Sea World thing. You get the point. Thanks again Travis!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
Shane...actually my wife kinda squatted down and called his name and he would come running. He may have a thing for Blondes...

Back on topic...my wife rides an 05 Murray DNA. After camp it was decided that this was a very nice riding shape. I was thinking of buying an 06, but got sidetracked with some other things. I did buy the handle last year though!

Scott...definately hit up the camp...it is so worth it!
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-23-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
I second erics opinion, the camp is DEFENITLY worth it! The best wake experience I have EVER had, would die to go back, busy at school at the momentor I would be there now!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
Travis was that pic of Bocce taken on Mary Jane yesterday?
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
Hehe- this is funny. Here is one more of famous Bocce (sorry for the quality -- video capture):

Upload
Old     (gehennaengine)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Man, I post a picture of my IG on another thread and get teased for owning a "rat dog" but Bocce gets all the props. "Damn it feels good to be a gangstar."
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Bocce has a Secretary
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-23-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Who this guy?

travis- I think he needs an advertisement with him as the star... definetly help with his ego and stardom!!

Next thing you know he'll be making more money than Shaun and you combined!

Upload
Upload
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       02-23-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
Hey... Hey.. I'M here ya know. That's me - Roxie (Shaun's dog) with Bocce in the back seat (abov).... Here are sum more pixtures of me takn by my granpa (LM) - I didn't want Bocce getting all the credit.... so I hijacked my granpa's komputer (and sign-in) to post these pixs....

Bocce is really a weasel in disguise. I tolerate him... but he is so spastic!
And about my dad (SM)... the truth is that he'z taking a day job with IBM in 3 months..... I better go, be4 the thread polize arrive...
Later
Roxie.....
PS If U send me some Steaks by FedEx, I promiz to hook U up with a set in my dad's boat!
Upload
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-24-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
too funny! love it!!

Thread has taken an interesting turn!!

Roxie- how does the water taste? http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/GTI2lo/boarding%20school/?action=view&current=wednesday039.flv
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
hmmmm... weasel??? You make the call
Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Travis, leave me out of this....
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
ya'll are funny. yeah, i said y'all. travis is wearin' off on me i guess? But I won't say mirra in place of mirror, and stayin' away from joo lie for the month known as july. i digress.
I would love to talk to the shop guys who decide to pull rumors out of the air. no plans on leaving hyperlite and working on new boards and boots right now that are looking quite nice...dudically awesome in fact.
I'm in Bend, Oregon snowboarding for one more day and the pow is incredible. wish you were here. shaun
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Greg,

Already been done!

Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-25-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Too Funny!! Too bad I don't have back issues of Wakebaording mag, your advertisements are creative!

You should make a section on your website where people can't view them...
Love the one when you and shaun are on the roadside and have signs...."will teach for money" or something along those lines.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 3:57 AM Reply   
Hey Shaun,

I talked with the guys at the shop that said you were joining Ronix after talking with Travis. I told them you were working on something awesome for 08 with Hyperlite. But if you want the source....Silverspray Sports in Fenton Michigan...Kimberly was the one that told me you were Ronix bound. Personally I will not do business with them anymore for my own personal reasons. I am stoked that Action Watersports is coming to the area and will be located not to far from Silverspray. I visited their shop in Hudsonville Michigan on Saturday. They are truly nice folks and know their stuff. Shaun, if you need any other information, feel free to contact me at my email, or by phone. Gerry has my number. I was talking with him last Friday about his bus tour this Summer. Glad I brought this subject up quickly, to help stop any rumors before it gets out of hand.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-26-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Oh no, hyperlite rumors!

I heard hyperlite was in the makings with Walmart and a bunch of other mass-marketing retail type stores to put their products in.

Is this true? I've seen Hobbie stuff at walmart, but to see a true hyperlite wakeboard would freak me out.
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-26-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
HO sells through costco, but puts different names on the skis. for example, the HO Blast combo skis are sold as HO Xtra. same product, different name. so, you know, it wouldn't surprise me.