Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Someone told my to use a magic eraser on the boat to take off the water spots. Id imagine that it would work really well, but its not good for the gelcoat is it?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
Do a search for "magic eraser", there are tons of threads on that subject.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-05-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
It is a mild abrasive.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-06-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
I would not use it on the gelcoat. It's handy on any non gloss finish but don't use it too often.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Magic eraser + gelcoat = bad

I use Ducky. Get's all the water spots off. However, a friend uses windex with vinegar and swears by it. It's substantially cheaper than Ducky.
Attached Images

Old    Chaserwaser            05-06-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
I use magic eraser on my WHITE car, dont use it on any other surface besides WHITE its amazing gets rid of scratches and everything but I would agree with everyone else and not use it on your boat but then again I have never used it on a boat , it worked well for the car so idk but + 1 on the ducky solution use it on my friends boat and it works
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I do have ducky, and have used water/vineger.

My favorite solution, is a shammee. Not a sham wow or whatever, but the real shammee's. work great!
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-07-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
vinegar and water work really well, may try the windex and vinegar. I have a black hull. We used to use the magic eraser when I was a retail vendor to clean our tub surrounds. The gel coat does come off in small incriments. I think in the long term you will regret ever using that "evil sponge" on your boat.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
I use all of the Babe's boat products, but the spot solver and boat bright are both amazing products in my opinion.

http://www.babesboats.com/prodSpotSolver.php
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
skeptical i used babes for the first time last weekend.
wow insanly good product.
you litterally spray on and whipe off with a rag. no pressure require its just vanished. and this was on 9 months of build up. one spray and swipe and it was gone. to good to be true.

**** works. i then followed it up with the spray on cleaner/wax (boat bright i think they call it) to prevent it from happening again. works AWESOME!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-07-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
I am a fan a babes. The stuff for vinyl works really well too.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
I would think that using Magic Eraser on your gel coat/paint would be akin to a very light wet sand. In theory if used in moderation with a good polish and wax proticol and you should have good results an be just fine. I personally have used them to get light scuff marks off my gel with no problem but never on water spots. With all the great products on the market for them I fail to see the need.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
I would not use magic eraser on your entire hull, except for small problem areas, scuffs or dock rash. It it will pull them right out believe it or not, but using them on clear coat on a car is a definite no no....
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-09-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Yep, Diggs showed me how to do it. Works great on white gel. Key is to not do it too long, b/c it will start to cause damage.