Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-10-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
hey has anybody rode in lake geneva wisconsin?
im heading there for the first time friday just wondering if amybody has been there
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
my buddy has got a place up in that area and he says lake geneva is crowded as hell. i guess the place to go is lake como which is in that area. there are 3 lakes real close to eachother- delavan, geneva, and como
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-10-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
ya i went to delavan last summer and it was nice
dang hope its not too crowded
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-11-2007, 4:53 AM Reply   
Geneva is a large lake and it has large boats and a lot of boats as well... It doesnt take long for it to get crowded and choppy... However just about any of those lakes on the weekend are tough unless you are willing to ride early am.

Check out www.midwestwakeboarder.com I know their are a few people at least that ride over that way and stay there on weekends...

If you need some gear while you are in the area their is BSBoardshop in town... great shop and great people... http://www.lakegenevaboardshop.com/home.html
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-11-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
I have access to a house in Williams Bay, and I never bring my boat with me. Lake Geneva is a waste of time as far as wakeboarding goes. I have never seen that lake laid down 100 percent.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-11-2007, 6:08 AM Reply   
Lake Geneva is actually good if you go on a weekday when there's no boats because there's so much shoreline. On the weekends it's another story. Lake Como is too shallow and gets choppy with west wind.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       06-11-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Lake Geneva on the weekend = waste of time. During the week it's not too bad usually, but I would try to find another lake in the area. I know Lauderdale has some good riders on it.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Lake Geneva is a bit cool as well. As it was stated above all of the lakes are bad on the weekend. I liked Geneva for just riding around and looking at the houses. The other issue is the launch in Geneva sucks. Use one of the others. Also there are alot of renters. I have heard some bad stuff about them.

We have been going to Lake Whitewater. Great launch and on weeknights there is no one there. Everytime I have been there it has been pretty good. Alot of tree cover on the shore.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-11-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hijack, sorry, headed to nationals in a week in wisconsin, what's lake andrea in pleasant prairie like ? wind protected ? deep ? thanks.
Old     (skills)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Yea ive got a place in lake geneva wisconsin and ill tell its a waste of time to even consider goin out on lake geneva. delevan can be nice sometimes but como is ur best bet. tha 3 lakes within like a mile of eachother are como delevan and lake geneva and everyone is always out on delevan and geneva. 1 because there way bigger than como and ppl dont kno much about como, where it is and its also smaller. but i was out on como this last sunday and there was 2 other boats on tha whole lake.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-11-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
I went for a long barefoot run on lake geneva. Beautiful area with nice clean spring fed water. My parents moved there after I left Illinois for Florida. Glassy calm and only a couple other boats on the water. My run was in my favorite boat, a red Nautique 2001 and I footed from Black Point all the way to Williams Bay then boarded to Big Foot Beach. Finally a quick slalom run back to the house. Water was absolutely beautiful.

It will never happen again. It was early October, on a monday morning, 60 degrees and raining.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-11-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
^Haha. I was like "wtf" until I read the last sentence and understood it all.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2007, 4:05 AM Reply   
That is a true story.

It's downright uncomfortable in a ski boat due to the rough water conditions but it is a nice lake to cruise for a day.

We use to mountain bike around the lake on the shore path until they outlawed mountain bikes. To many walkers getting buzzed by fast riders. That was a nice ride.

(Message edited by srock on June 12, 2007)
Old     (fsts2k)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
It's a big lake that gets churned up on the weekend afternoons. Weekdays are fine as are most weekends before 10 AM and after 6 PM.

My family has a place on the lake and the boat is stored on the lift so no opportunity to get to other lakes (without a lot of hassle); for the most part I can find time during the weekend to ride.

As to being a waste of time.... I find it worth it
Old     (skills)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Geneva can be pretty nice during tha week though i was just sayin its a waste of time for tha weekends.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Let me explain, as Lake Geneva was where I learned to wakeboard. Now, that I have other outlets that are far less choppy, I wouldn't wakeboard on Lake Geneva. I have before, and I would rather not punish myself. I have access to some property on the lake in Williams Bay, and I never bring my boat with me. If I'm going to Lake Geneva, it's more to hang out and relax. If you're looking for butter, look elsewhere.