Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
Well my knee is finally healed up and was looking forward to getting out on the lake and just easing back into riding this past weekend especially with this great weather we are having but i had to go and destroy my ankle again on Thursday after getting home from the gym. I swear i will never get to ride again, okay j/k but it will be a couple more weeks... here is the damage:

Wrecked Ankle
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-15-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Thats soo ruff, good luck with the healing and hopefully you'll be able to hit the water soon, good luck and be careful! How did you do that? I know you said commnig home from the gym but how'd you do it, did you trip or something like that?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
I wish it was something stupid like that but then again i guess it was. I ordered up some dinner at the local Italian Restaraunt and when i went to pick it up where i parked there was a 6 inch ledge in the pavement i din't see that was strategically placed right where you would put your feet when you get out of a vehicle and as soon as i put weight on it i rolled it over and could feel just about every ligament tear. I was screaming bloody murder not so much about the pain, well i guess about the pain but more so of the fact i am just so tired of being hurt. I just want to get healthy and be able to do the sports i love so much and actually be able to make some of the Canyon Lake tourneys this year.

Thanks for the well wishes and support
Old    snoobs            12-15-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Well,at least now you own a italian restaurant. hehehe
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-15-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
snoobs, i was thinking the same thing, LOL!! something about it being called "Randys" or something like that. As far as the canyon Lake contests, our first contest is in April, so you have plenty of time to heal up!! Looking forward to seeing you there! feel better soon and Happy Holidays!! robyn valdez
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
"A Leg Up" Italian Restaurant???? Or maybe you can convert it to a wakebaord shop?

Sorry, Bud. Take care, and get well soon!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-15-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Nice Cankle

That sucks man. That looks like it's gonna take awhile to heal!

I rolled my ankle about 2 months ago and it wasn'
t nearly that bad and it still hurts a little getting in and out of bindings.

Get well soon... again!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-15-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
I did the same thing playing basketball and thought I was done for sure. Turned out a lot better than I thought, plus I had an excuse to stay home from class for a while and have all the girlfriends take car of me (he, he).

Hopefully yours is the same case. Tape it up, you'll be riding in no time. I did mine during the winter in washington and was snowboarding in less than a month.

Good luck...
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-15-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Dude, These posts have made me feel good about myself. I was beginning to think I had the worse luck of anyone when it came to hurting your body. I have had 11 surgeries knees, elbow hernias aapendix and many surgeries on my abdominal area. I am so sick of it. Everyone always going out in the summer and having a great time while I was sitting ther watching. Well, I am totaly being careful with everything I do for now on. I plan on riding injury free this whole summer. Good luck to ya bud and hope you have a speedy recovery.