Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    jetgofish            12-06-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
Where could one find out more information on competitons and requirements. For example what tricks are beginners required to do, intermediate, etc.
Old    murrayair            12-06-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
I think you would get info from the comp organizers. Thats where I would start.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-06-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Roughly...

Beginner - 1 wake jumps / surface tricks / working on 2 wake jumps

Intermediate - 2 wake jumps / 180s / working on or landing the first invert or spin

Advanced - 3-5 inverts or spins

Open - Grabbing inverts / mobes

Hope this helps, Teri. I've seen you ride, you would have a lot of fun riding the comps.
Old    jetgofish            12-06-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
Jeff - Your information does help. I wouldn't say that I'm intrested in comps, some one or two has approached me about them and not knowing what they all entail I thought I'd ask. Personally I think my riding has a long way to go before I feel the need for that level and approaching 30 kind of puts another damper on things. Its something I'm thinking about but like I mentioned I don't feel my riding is all that great where I am comp level...I guess it wouldn't hurt to try!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2004, 1:33 AM Reply   
Teri, try INT its alot of fun for all ages and all level of riders.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-07-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
They're a bunch of fun. As long as you approach it positively and go to have fun & not to win you'll be just fine. I can ride alright, but just ask Jeff what my last tournament ride looked like. He was on the announcer booth asking what happened. Haha, I fell on my first two jumps, end of story. I laughed it off & had a great time. Everyone should do it, humans are naturally competitive so why no just throw it all out there?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-07-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
I've ridden in two tournaments now and I'm disapointed I didn't start sooner. My riding is still a long ways from where I'd like it. I have the height and distance of an advanced rider but the trick list of an intermediate rider. I've seen everyone from 4-40something ride. One tourney where it was only skill, you had whole families competing in the beginner class.

It's about having fun, meeting new people, and enjoying the sport of wakeboarding. So I reccomend you go out and ride in some, and just have a good time. Don't think of it as a contest think of it as stop on the way to becoming a better rider.
Old    jetgofish            12-07-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
I've set a few objectives and goals for myself over the winter, should I get where I feel I need to be then I might enter one or two. I've been told I have a lot of potential (speciacally these past few months) if I only expand my riding a bit. Basically I'm at that point where I'm so comfortable with my riding certain things are just too easy and it's time to get the push and expand my tricks and start crashing again! Motivation while riding is a huge thing for me. If I've got people on the boat pushing me I'm motivated to do more things .... I post the question because I hate going into things blind and I know there has to be many of you that have rode a comp or two! All the information and help I can get now will help me then.

Are you required to perform certain trick with in a heat and how long is each heat or pull?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-07-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
From my experience they're not to structured. Our heats were quick two passes, with two falls, and if you fell past the 1/2 of pass two it didn't matter which fall it was. You're not required to perform certain tricks, it's up to you what you want to throw down, just mix it up, you get docked for repetition, you get more points for throwing something down that other riders aren't too (doesn't have to be more difficult just something different). Your air, style, variation, and difficulty all play into your score.

First comp it was just one heat, second it was two. All depends on the comp.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-07-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
jetgofish'

You mean all the raging I do on seeing you get your backroll on is not pushing you. Danny's ralleys,tantrum,crow's,3's are not enough. Your killing me smalls. Nest time out your not getting back in the boat untill I see something new. Oh and SHUTUP.......GO TO THE TRUCK........
Old    jetgofish            12-07-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
Sanger215 - your ragging helps I just need to ride with Ragging Sanger215 more ... Honestly I have a HUGE mental block on the BR right now and I don't know what the hell happened there. So I'll not sit in the truck from now on ... buck up beaver ... oh and hey when you going to answer my email?
Old    jetgofish            12-07-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
Can we talk Danny into some pointers? Or even your pointers will help!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-07-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I am getting to it work is crazy right now. Aand you don't want pointers from me, I can tell you all about crashing I got that down to a science. Now if I can just get the BR and quit coming up short I will love life. I might ride on Sat. at Anderson.
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-07-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
"Sanger215guy" Now that you are a SBB you think you can ride on my lake !!!! HaHaHaHaHa !! You want to teach you how to do a back roll !!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!! You going to bring anyone else ?? You tool !!!! Kim
Old    jetgofish            12-07-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
Jeff - What could one expect at an event? From sign in to leaving? Are there qualifing rounds etc?
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-08-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
"p1emt";
Don't make me show you how the water is....I hope to find enough room way the hell down there to float my boat for a lil bit.. See ya somewhere Sat for sure.... Perfect pass is back up and running again.
Old    jetgofish            12-08-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
I got one thing to say - HIJACKERS

G - count myself and Lyns in she's gonna be flag biach ... oh and bring my boys ....

(Message edited by jetgofish on December 08, 2004)
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-08-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
"SANGER215GUY"
HaHaHaHaHaHa What up you tool ? Wish I was riding with you on Sat but have to work !! Sucks to be me !!! Oh well I will be ready to drink alot of beer on Sat !!!! Don't 4 get that it is 10 $$$ to get into Anderson !!!!!About damn time you get that perfect pass working !!!
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-08-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
"Sanger215guy" You playing on bring anyone with you to the meeting ??? I am trying to get a head count to get the tables set up !!!!!!

"Teri" Same question to you ???
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-09-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Kim;
Sat, will be myself and one other. But i will not be able to ride on Sat. either I tried to reschedule some other obligations but was unsuccessful. I do want to get another ride day planed. We can bang heads bout it Saturday.

Teri; I am getting a drysuit soon....
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-09-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Gary, Sound's good to me we will chat about it on sat !!! About time you get your self a drysuit !!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-09-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hi Teri, our contests include riders that can get up and wave to the judge to world class riders. I rode in a contest last year and I can barely do a two wake jump. There are different factors involved to riding in a contest that I have seen. One factor is the riding for sure, but also some can handle riding in contests better than others. You may go out and kill it over a great rider who just is having a bad day. I hope to see you out there this year and if you have some time on your hands, The Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club can always use some help!! HTH!! If you need any other questions answered, please feel free to email me. hugs, robyn valdez
Old    jetgofish            12-09-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
Robyn

Thanks for the insight, your information hleps ... I'd love to help out Canyon if I was down that way...I'll be focusing on the Nor*Cal area!