Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
I have an Acme 3 blade right now, which got the tips dinged and bent last time out last summer. I need to have it fixed, or buy a new one (or a 4 blade even). I've been searching for deals on new or used. Anyone know where to get a good deal on a prop. (not SS)
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
I've had my Acme 3 blade CNC prop repaired twice. It's been ~$70 via local prop shop each time.

Don't be surpirsed if you get it back with the CNC marks machined out, mine was.
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
where did ya get it done for $70? The local shop in my town said they would send it somewhere and it's gonna be approx. $150. Mine isn't that bad. Was yours bent badly?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
I just drop mine off at a local Malibu dealer, all though I have a Calabria...

Several times a week they have a pick up/drop off service with local prop shop to Seattle.

1st repair required a small weld done to one blade and all three blades smoothed out from minor rock strike.

The second repair was a good sized ding in one blade. No welding required, but they still had to reshape that blade and balance the prop.

The worst part is putting my OJ 4 Blade back on there. Makes me realize how much I like the Acmes!
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-13-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
In the Bay Area, I've dropped mine at the CC dealer: $125 for an exchange (no waiting). I've also taken it to a shop that was $93...one week wait.
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
I find many people tellin me the 4 blades are way better than a 3 blade, specially the OJs. Sean why do you not like your OJ? I'm thinkin of buying a Cutter 4 blade ans also have my Acme fixed for a spare...
Old    robw            03-13-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have bought a new prop from these guys... prices were good and free shipping.

http://www.propellersonline.com/
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-13-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have about 1500lbs of ballast in my boat. The OJ is a 13x13 4b prop. It was a bit slow out of the hole and did/does not hold speed very well.

The Acme is a 13x11.5 3b. Better holeshot and better speed holding.

Top end is about the same with the two, the Acme is actually a bit faster. The OJ is a good prop, I think that it's pitched to high for my boat and load (Cal-Air, 1500lbs plus people)

I'm thinking about seeing if I can get the OJ pitched down to 12 instead of 13 to see if works better.
Old    av8tens            03-13-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Rich-
I did the exact same thing to the prop on my Supreme the end of last summer (did the prop hit the tray?) I e-mailed Acme via the link on their website (acmepropellers.com), and they got back to me with places that will repair it to proper specs. They also offered to send me an RMA number to send it directly to them, I think he quoted $75 to fix it. You might give them a try-
T
BTW, I like the Acme prop and think you will have a hard time finding one you like better
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thanks T, I think I'll give Acme a try.