Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    chicago_julie            08-09-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about buying a 2003 Super Air Nautique 210. It's a demo with about 60 hours on it, and they're asking for $41,000. Does that sound about right? Think I can get them down to $37,000 or so?

My husband and I went out for a test yesterday. We've been riding behind an old Four Wins -- enough power, but no tower and no pylon. The difference is huge!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
If it's a team with a tandem trailer, then that is a reasonable price. Check boattraderonline and flipsell to see what similar boats are going for.

I bought an 02 Team in January with 110 hrs for 41.5, it was a fair price. No regrets, awesome boat.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-09-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
The difference will be very big over the old four wins. The price seems pretty fair, it would depend on all the options. The bad thing about the boats is that they hold thier value pretty well, at least it's bad when you are trying to buy one. I picked up a 97 super sport this winter, the hull is the same as yours and you definitely won't be disappointed with the wake.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
good price good boat are the colors something that will be easy to resell?
Old    mia            08-15-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
$41k might be a little high considering the new 220 is right around the corner at the same price of a 210... with that being said, there are going to be some great deals on 2005 210 models..

would also suggest hooking up the computer to confirm the hours..
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Will the 220 replace the 210 or will CC still offer a 210?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
220 the same price as the current 210? Doesn't seem right to me?, but you are probably more in the know.

If it includes trailer, and is a team ed. then 41K is a good price.
Old    mia            08-15-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
from what i hear the 210's price will come down..
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2005, 1:05 AM Reply   
You can get a fully loaded 05 210 team for 60k out the door (w/ tax)
I think 39k seems right. Good luck, its a great boat.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
I assume that a demo, the boat will be sold as new with the 5 year bow to stern warranty starting after you sign the papers. That said, 41 is a smoking deal. I say that assuming that it is packaged as a TE or with most of those options and includes a trailer.

Prices are very regional, but at least here in SLC, I doubt you could get the dealer to sell his demo for that(though why does the dealer still have an '03 demo?).

E.J.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
You can get a 0 hour '05 team, loaded, out the door for less than $55. $39 sounds like a great deal.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
I am sticking with 41 is a smoking deal. Yea, if the dealer will go to 39 great....but there is at least one '03 on this site for sale and a few on boattrader. Those are all listed for more than 39 K(if my memory serves me correctly). None of them will be sold as a demo, thus NEW as far as the warranty is concerned. That is a huge deal.

In conclusion, I would not sell my boat(an '03 SAN) for 41 K because I would end up paying more than that to replace it. Again, pricing is regional.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       08-16-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
Alan,
What dealership is that?
When you say loaded, does that include bigger motor, tower speakers, loaded trailer?
DO yo have a phone # for the dealer. I have a friend looking for one.
Thanks
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
I think they have 1 team left and it has the excalibur. It does not have tower speakers, I don't know why you would want factory tower speakers anyway. But for the most part it has everything I think. When I was talking with them over the phone they sounded like they could get that '05 SAN OTD under 55. www.whitelake.com
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
I would have trouble spending over 40k on a a boat that is about to be 3 years old. Now it is a demo with only 60 hrs. If you can buy it with the full warranty, then I would say its a good deal. If you really want a nautique and can afford it, then go for it. I hope it is loaded with upgraded engine, speakers, ballast, bimini, and trailer.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
Upgraded engine? The 210 comes with the 330 HP Excalibur. That is what I have run in all my boats. Don't need any upgrade on that engine.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-17-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
IMHO engine upgrades in SAN's are a waste, now if you are using a SN to pull double barefoot pyramids I can see how a ZR6 may be better but for wakeboarding it is useless. I will put my 01 SAN with 700+hrs on its GT-40 up against any V-Drive any day. The boat really jumps out of the water. A few times I have really sacked her out 3,000# ballast, 1000# people, 300# fuel and the boat still planes faster than an empty X-Star.
Old    cmb            08-17-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
220 is 3k more than the 210... It is a different boat than the 210 though. The purist will still opt for the 210 I think.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
Mmmmm. 210's are sick. I'd buy it, then give me multiple pulls. Hopefully they don't mess with the wake when they build the 220.

I disagree with the engine upgrade thing. I've been in 210's that have a hard time planing. You could probably change the prop, but it's never a bad thing to have a more powerful motor that's not working as hard.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-17-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
Were the 210's you were in, that had a hard time planing, 2003 or newer(excalibur, not GT-40)? Or do you think they were just too tail heavy. I am a little worried about this because I rode in one SAN with the Excalibur and it was sluggish, but I attributed it to being weighted improperly.

BTW...Where is Julie, Did she buy the boat?
Old    cmb            08-17-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Buy a prop. Saves on fuel and will always plane. I am a big believer that that is a better option than a bigger engine. You might lose 3-4 MPH of top speed, but who cares about that with a wake boat.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-17-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have the GT-40 in mine and we load it down with quite a bit of weight. It has absolutely no problems planing. I did have to switch the prop, but that was all it took.

Evan, come take a pull behind mine sometime, I think you'll like it. You guys got any late season trips planned?? We should hook up again sometime. I've only got about a month and a half of season left up here then we're going to start doing some camping trips. Bullard's, Oroville, etc. Hit me up.

(Message edited by sperbet on August 17, 2005)
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       08-18-2005, 12:57 AM Reply   
Chris,
Which prop did you go with?

Alan,
Evan was behind my boat. It is an 05 with the Excaliber. We had 6 adults 2 fat sacks and full tanks. I need to change my prop so my boat will plane quicker. Do you have any suggestions?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Here is a prop review for super air's.
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req =showcontent&id=7

I have the new Acme 536 and for some reason it rocks on the hole shot. I think its the GT-40. The 536 is the prop that comes on the Team Edition SAN's. But the 644 seems to be a little better and the 846 really jumps.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-18-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have the 846 and love it. We run about 2300 lbs and usually have about four people in the boat. planes with no problems.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
Yup, it was Brian's boat. It planed off eventually, but it puts more stress on the driveline than I would like. Definitely a different prop would be an option. That was the fix on my Sanger, plus it got better gas mileage with the motor running a little easier at the higher RPM's. I'm not saying you have to get the bigger motor, but it's a nice option. On my X-2 I can pull tons of weight all day and never use full throttle with the MCX motor, while one of my buddies with the smaller motor has to use full throttle every time the boat planes. Same size motor, but more power. I don't know if I'd advocate going to a 6 litre, though.

I could be talking out my A$$ as I don't know the Natique motor options these days.

Scott..... Let's do it up. Sept. and Oct. are my favorite times of the year. I'd be down for a Oroville or Bullards trip. Let me know what weekend works for you. Hmmmmm, wonder about those floating sites at Oroville. Hey, I'll be hitting you up this winter when we go snow boarding, too.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-18-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
We were thinking the same thing, floating campsites at Oroville and I had a friend mention she was going to try and plan a Shasta or Bullard's house boat trip. I'll let you know, sorry about the hijack all.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-18-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
am i the only one that thinks the 210 is extremely small?
Old    cmb            08-18-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
It is small if you need more than 7 people to fit on a regular basis. But, most of us do not have that many people with us. When we do, we take the Tige 24v. When we don't, we take the 210. So it works well.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
I almost got a bigger boat but decided to get another 210. I don't usually have all day to ride, in fact most of my sets take place after work. We can barely get in two sets each if I have 3 people in the boat. If I have more then I am only getting in one set.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Small in what sense freeboozeforall? Approx. the same size as the X-2...X-1...X-wife...whatever Mastercraft is calling it now. Bigger than a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175. Smaller than a 36' Doral....
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       08-18-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Chris,
Where did you here that the 220 will only be 3k more?
I will keep my boat until the warranty runs out, then consider the 220 when I have a family.

I love my 210, only thing needs to be done is change the prop so it planes a little quicker.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-18-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
Small in what sense freeboozeforall? Approx. the same size as the X-2...X-1...X-wife...whatever Mastercraft is calling it now. Bigger than a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175. Smaller than a 36' Doral....

my buddy and i looked in one at shasta inboards and the trunk lockers are a joke! my response has more storage and it's a hardcore 3-event ski boat. if you opt for the TE, there isn't even a walk-through locker.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
I will agree, storage is not abundant in the 210, but again....that is all relative. I don't think Correct Craft is worried about providing somewhere to put the kitchen sink in the 210.

In conclusion, if someone is looking for arguably the best wakeboarding wake money can buy, the 210 or X-1-2(?) is a good place to start. If they are looking for a boat for their family of 8, plus a few of the kids friends. Something they can go out on with everyone for 6-10 hours with lunch, drinks, tubes, skis, boards ect....they might want to look for something in the 24' inboard market or an I/O.
Old    chicago_julie            09-01-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
We bought the boat! It was actually a couple weeks ago (a few days after my first post that started this...). Haven't been back to this site in awhile because I just did a triathlon and my focus was on that for awhile. Any other triathles out there? Sometimes the training conflicts with wakeboarding, but I just love them both.

Anyway, the boat is awesome. We got the dealer down to 37,500, and from what you all say that's a great deal. We're getting much bigger air than before, and it just feels (and looks) so good. The speakers are seriously cool, but we try not to use them too early in the morning so that the neighbors don't hate us. I'll try to post a photo of the boat later, if I can figure out how to do it...

Thanks for all the helpful info!
Old    chicago_julie            09-01-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
I'm going to try to post a photo of the boat:

boat

boat2
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
You got a steal, good work!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
sick boat, even sicker water....hope you hose that hull down everytime. You did get a screamin deal on that.
Old    chicago_julie            09-02-2005, 5:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, the water is terrible back in the marina where we bought it. We have it cleaned up and we also keep it on a lift out of the water. Thanks for the compliments. So far it has been a great ride although it has increased the pain in my wipe outs!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-02-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
nice, you will be very happy with that purchase
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
What's up with the board racks on the left side? Looks like they got seriously bent!

It looks like the boat might be a team edition. With that and the speakers I would say you got a great deal!

Enjoy!
Old    chicago_julie            09-02-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
It is a team edition. And that's weird, the board racks are fine now -- either that's a funny angle and they just look bent, or they fixed them before bringing the boat to us.