Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-19-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
We are planning a trip in Aug for one of my friend's b-day's & she luvs Lake Don Pedro.... I have camped there quite a bit in the past & for last years Spring Ride. I typically camp in the fleming meadows area but intrested in hearing some 411 / feedback on the best sites over @ Moccasin Point? Anyone have any recomendations for sites in Moccasin Point or even your favs in Fleming Meadows? Thnx in Advance.

Lzy
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-19-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Anything between A34-A42 on the marina side of Fleming Meadows is great. My personal preference is to reserve both A38 and A-40. The sites are really close together and one of the sites have a pull through which is nice for parking. There are a few decent spots around A-65 on the houseboat side of the campground. I've never camped at Moccasin Point, but I've heard they have a good group camp area.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-19-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
I wanna go I wanna go
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Aaron,

Moccasin is the place to be. Only thing that sucks is you have to pull your boat out, or be willing to make a long hike back and forth. The sites aren't close to the water. My favorite riding spots are over there though.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
i dig moccasin point.

not a big fan of fleming meadows.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-19-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Thnx Everyone...

I here ya bout the water over by Moc. point, I just prefer to leave my ride in the water / viewable from camp... If we end up agreeing to pull the boats out - maybe we just head up to Bullards =)

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
B-27 if you can get it...... It is usually reserved. It has a really good site for shade, camping, etc. And the pull through has enough space for a crew cab chevy, VLX, 34 foot R.V. and a car.
Old    wakelvr            04-24-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Moccasin Point is much closer to the best water at DP. I wish I could remember some of the good sites... There are some sites in the very back that are near the water but they are unpaved if I recall and they don't have hookups. Great place to throw a party because you are away from the majority of campers.

We usually shore camp...