Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-21-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
I have an I/O and our videos are always pretty bumpy...do you use a tripod??
Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-21-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
We had similar problems and since I was always riding or driving I always had to pass the camera to someone that either didnt follow the rider cause they were talking or whatever.

Even when I held the camera myself I guess it was bad to be sitting from what I have read so even those were bouncy.

I solved the problem by building my own camera mount for the tower cost about 40 bucks but I have access to a welder and free scrap metal and if I didnt like to build stuff just for fun like that I would have just bought the one they sell on-line its only like $150.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
we rest the camera on the ski pylon; it acts as a temporary tripod when your holding it as well, and then it doesn't shake at all.
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-21-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
I hear that monopods work well.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
I just got one of these badboys, the AirTrakker from wakevideo.com/:
Upload

I haven't used the "Topmount" model before, like the one I got, but I have used the "Pro" model, which also uses the gear drive, and I think its probably the best way to film riders (short of having a professional film crew out on the boat ). I'm excited to try it out!

-Steve
Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-22-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Be sure to post video as soon as you do they only have one video on the web site and its not of the top mount.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-22-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
I've got the exact same one somewhere in the postal system at the moment. I got sick of editing the crap footage shot by others in the boat.
They can't drive so you need PP they can't shoot video so you need this all I need now are a few robots for crew and I can sack these Muppets.