Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
I am trying to buy 4 new speakers, new head, and a sub.

Right now I think I am gonna get the Polk db speakers but I am not sure whether to get the Slim Mount or regular. (Not sure the difference.) Probably going to get a Polk sub too, but would it be better to build the box.

Finally, not sure which head unit to get, although I was looking at the Sony CDX m10. The main thing I want is to be able to hook up my iPod directly to it with a USB cord, but not if its gonna cost too much, otherwise I would be fine with the AUX cable.

Thanks in advance!

Also, what would the
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-26-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
So....whats your question exactly??
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
1. Would the Polk db speakers be okay?

2. What is the difference between the regular mount and slim mount, since the prices are different.

3. Should I go with the Polk sub, and if I did would it be better/cheaper to build a custom box.

4. Recommendations for a good head unit with USB jack or just AUX jack.

Sorry if it was a little confusing.
Old     (todd34)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
I just bought an Alpine 9886m HU and it is pretty sweet. Bought Polk db speakers too but they haven't come in yet.

Todd
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Looks like a good head unit. I saw the other Alpine head which was a lot cheaper but it was only 45 watts x 4 channels and that one is 50. One question I had is how does the whole iPod connection work if the wire comes out of the back?
Old     (todd34)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
The Ipod cable came with mine and I just plugged it into the jack made for it in the back and let it hang under so I could pick up the Ipod if I wanted. The cable is made to charge the Ipod while using it but it will not charge my Iphone.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
What kind of iPhone? I have the regular (not 3g) and that wouldn't be so hot if it didn't charge it.

I am still a little confused on how you hook it up though.
Old     (todd34)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Mine is the 3g model. Yours may be supported, I don't know. You just plug it into the bottom of the Iphone and the HU shows that the Ipod is pluged in and you can control it from the HU.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
I get that, but where does the wire come out? The back of the dash? Do you have the wire just hanging out ?
Old     (todd34)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
My HU is under the armrest just behind the throttle. I have the wire hanging down from there up against the hull carpet and it hangs into the small space just to the right of my leg.