Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
I found a 2007 malibu V-ride with under 100 hrs. It looks to be an older couple so it most likely wasn't weighted down super heavy and abused. It has the 340HP engine, the illusion X tower (or whatever the backwards swoop tower is called), center ballast, a floating wedge that is polished out, and both fiberglass (installed) and teak platform. Also, has a tandem axle trailer.

It doesn't have tower speaker, nor board racks. No additional ballast, and is basically all factory. I assume it just cruised around the lake.

How much is this boat worth?
How is that tower? I like the look but heard stories about it being flimsy
Is the older SV23 hull good for wake boarding/ surfing? I have no problem adding tons of ballast.
What are things to look out for regarding that specific model?

My plan, add ballast, update the stereo, remove all the decals, keep it clean, then a few seasons from now sell it for another slightly used/ older boat. So will the Ride hold its value?

It sounds like a great deal but I want to get your opinions on price.