Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-16-2004, 6:01 AM Reply   
We have PP Wakeboard Pro and when the boat is driving we can't change the speed on perfect pass. The only time we can adjust the speed is when the boat is stopped and in nuetral. This creates a problem if a rider wants to go faster or slower because we have to drop them to change the speed. I have never been on another boat with Perfect Pass that you couldn't adjust the speed while driving. Is there a setting that I can change?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
perfectpass.com.. Grab their number and call Randy. Awesome people.

B-
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
I agree. Call perfect pass, they have great technical support.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine had this same prob on his X10. He contacted the PP folks and they had him unplug one of the wires from the unit.. might have been the rpm sensor. Anyway, unplugging it pinpointed the problem which I believe was caused by interference while underway. Anyway, I think it required a replacement cable.

Bottom line -- give them a call and they'll definitely help you out.

(Message edited by superairdawg on March 16, 2004)
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-18-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
MATT,
I'm the guy superairdawg mentioned that had the same/similar problem. First, I'd email Perfect Pass to make them aware of the problem and get it on record. They are great to work with. Second, here's what they told me...

1) "Try unplugging your RPM Sensor from the Perfect Pass Master Module. The Master Module should be located under the dash and all the inputs are labeled."
2) "Leave it out for now. What can happen is noise enters the system through one of the inputs and instead of the microprocessor seeing it’s expected input frequency it now sees 10 times that. This overloads the processor and forces it to miss other inputs such as button presses. Of course when the problem first starts it will be minor but as the noise levels increase the processor keeps getting busier and busier until eventually it ignores all button presses while running. This is basically the symptom you are describing so by unplugging your RPM adapter we should see your system cured of its problem, in which case we will replace the appropriate part. If not we will look at a couple of other things."
3) "The problem could be that the RPM sensor is plugged into the wrong input. It should be plugged into the last plug on the front edge of the Module. The second to last one is the timer port and will also overload the system and cause this problem. Let me know what you find out."

I did everything they asked and hooked up all the wires in their correct locations. No problems since.

Give them a shout.

I see your in the Cincy area. Maybe we had the same installer of the PP system?