Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-27-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
What's the easiest way to get a spare key for your boat ignition? I have an 02 X-star that I bought used this year and it only came with one key. Can your local hardware place make one like they do with a car key? I never take it out of the ignition, but just in case it would be nice to have a spare or two.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
It would be easier just to hotwire the boat....very easy.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-27-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
they make them anywhere. Just had mine done at the ups store.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
I hope i never loss mine. My spare is somewhere ... at my house.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I had one key that was kept in Nautique for over 9 years and one in a Mastercraft for over 5 years. The keys never made it outside of the gunnels so they never got lost. I did take the key(s) out of the ignition but strategically placed it (hidden) if the boat was ever out of sight.

With that being said a spare key is never a bad idea... sorry but i don't have any experience with your year model boat. In my old Glastron (real old) i did lose the key and i went to the local boat store. They handed me a 'metal ring' of keys with over 100 different keys on it. They said keep trying until one works... key #15 was the charm.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
MC, on the newer boats anyway, only has three different keys and ignitions. It says it on the key. A, B, or C.