Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
I have a trip planned to Havasu for Memorial Day weekend. Yep, I know it is crazy, but doing it anyway. I waaayyyy overinvited and know I have way more people than I can fit on my boat. Any recommendations on where I can get a reasonable boat rental in the area. The marina and other places in town I found on the internet all want me to grab my ankles.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-08-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I doubt youll find any cheap rentals over the holiday weekend. Where are you staying? well be there the 23rd to 26th
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Eh, in my experience, half the crowd bails out at the last minute.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
try these guys.

http://www.desertsunwatersports.com/
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-08-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
If your gonna rent a extra boat, make sure you get the money up front. Like Tanner said, half the people bail and then you get stuck with the bill.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
Mike, we rented two houses. Tanner and Shaun, I totally agree. But I am getting money this week from all the definites which is way over my boat's capacity. Thanks, Rod.

Any other suggestions?
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-09-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
whoa. they are renting some nice boats. Wakecraft, wow...people that rent boats usually don't have a clue about boats, i can only imagine someone slamming a 60k Wakecrafts nose into the dock. hahah!

After seeing these pics of Havasu, that place is a Zoo. I've never seen that kind of traffic, even on Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

http://www.desertsunwatersports.com/havasu.htm

Anyone else ever watch the show "Party Heat-Lake Havasu?" Saw it on the other day, it's like Cops but with the Water Patrol on LH.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-09-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
TJ, party heat was filmed over spring break we were on the one filmed last year and most likely are going to be on this years too havasu is great.

Jason, we have two houses too just off the 95 south of smoketree
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Man, you don't need an extra boat for Memorial day there! Just get up at 4 to get your boat in the water and park over by the London Bridge and have the rest of your peeps walk in and party on your boat in the channel since you won't be driving a wakeboard boat in the 3' swells out in the main area anyway! When I was there 3 years ago they had the sandbar closed so there really wasn't any point in playing bumper boats and driving around.

(Message edited by timmyb on May 09, 2008)
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
wow that lake is packed, looks like no room to ride
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Is that a sandbar or did the people really turn that water brown?????????
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-11-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
$885 dollars a day 3 day min. OMFG thats nutty as hell! how much did the house boat cost for a week?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-11-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
26.5k a month dam i need to go into that business boat would be paid off quickkkk
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
Jason, we don't have the 2nd boat lined up yet??!? geez, stop slacking... haha
Old     (wakecraft_of_lake_havasu)      Join Date: May 2008       05-29-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
$885 is our holiday weekend price. Regular price is $495 per day, $450 each additional day. We also apply any rental fees towards your down payment if your interested in purchasing a Wakecraft Boat.